cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid my bill but my internet is still running slow

I paid my bill but my internet is still running slow

I paid my bill and it says that my internet is poor what can I do to make it not poor besides pay my bill witch I did and now have a zero balance! I can't watch Netflix because it running poorly
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Professor

Re: I paid my bill but my internet is still running slow

Where are you seeing this "your internet is poor" message?  

Could it be that you've run out of data?  That would make things slow.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Rubycramner wrote:
I paid my bill and it says that my internet is poor what can I do to make it not poor besides pay my bill witch I did and now have a zero balance! I can't watch Netflix because it running poorly

Distinguished Professor III

@Rubycramner

Paying your bill doesn't have any effect on whether your service is "poor" or not.  Who or what is it that said your "internet is poor"?  

Regarding Netflix, if you're streaming in HD, make sure to turn off, or snooze, the Video Data Saver, or you'll encounter buffering.  Also, please ensure that you are not out of data and being subject to the Fair Access Policy.  You can view your data level here.   

If you're using WiFi, please also ensure that you have a good WiFi signal in the area of the device you're using to stream.  You can do so with the HughesNet Mobile App, which you can get from Google Play or the App Store.  

Lastly, while streaming in HD is possible, it's recommended to stream in SD or lower to save data, as doing so in HD can use a lot of data.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi Ruby,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you. I just wanted to add,  after reviewing your account it appears the monthly data usage has been exceeded, which will result in slower speeds until your next refresh date. Please visit http://hninfo.us/FApolicyGen5 for more information regarding our data usage policy. 

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->