cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I still cannot even watch a 1 minute video of ANYTHING

Freshman

Re: I still cannot even watch a 1 minute video of ANYTHING

Watch out for downloading whole season of Vikings, esp. in HD. Try to do it during Bonus time 2-8AM, otherwise maybe using SD resolution will be adequate unless you have a BIG screen like mine.

This metered time is all new to me. I think I found the problem with help from you and  other customers....but I am read such BAD STUFF about HughesNet.I won't wait 9 months for anything to get solved especially if they are stealing my money. Right about the downloads,if you aren't carefull,it will KEEP downloading over and over. That's how I figured out to start looking at that meter thing. I had to find out where and WHY it would not stop. THAT WAS hughesnet. Not real encouraging to read that all these customers have been waiting over a YEAR to solve anything, that sounds so scammy. I may be old and dumb,but I ain't STUPID. I get one pre-written email from HughesNet service and more help from customers. I haven't gotten ANY FAP time discounts,even though I purposely WAITED to use the laptop so I COULD get lower rates.   And yeah we do have a 54"  so I would need the maxium HDMI 1080. Today I will try again to see if the HughesNet has actually worked correctly or if it was a fluke. We have lived out in the country for 30 years now,before satellite dishes and stupid computers. I just want what I paid for,thats all.no more,no less. but if this Hughes thing turns out to be another BS scam,we don't have any choice but them or ATT DSL and we already got rid of them because it was so bad. I want to be able to use my computer when I want to,not at 3 am.

Assistant Professor

madelynseele, you will never be happy with HughesNet if you expect to use it to stream 1080 to your big screen TV. Will use up all your data very quickly, within hours actually as it can be 2-4 GB per hour to stream in HD.

Not sure what you mean here:
 I haven't gotten ANY FAP time discounts,even though I purposely WAITED to use the laptop so I COULD get lower rates. 

I can't use ANY bonus bytes,I have tried 12 times now to put that stupid meter in my tool tray,tried to buy an express repair,even tried to buy more tokens.  NEVER got FAIR PRACTICE time discounts even though I waited until the dead of night to even turn the computer on. So,am I a customer or not?  I got a bill,so I assume I am. My laptop is all up to par,so now it is up to HughesNet to tell me WHY my "service" page doesn't seem to want to give me any services. Cmon you guys,this is just dumb. And YES I know about the streaming. Why do you make it sound like I am just complaining about the service when you know it's all true,look at these angry customers. They are angry because they are getting no results,the timespan on Hughes even ANSWERING  a complaint is sub par. Why? WHY does Hughes have other CUSTOMERS answering peoples complaints instead of employees? I know this will never get answered,if by chance it IS,it will just be the 2 names they put on every standard email response. Not a very good way to run a business unless you want to run it into the ground.Satellite is no joke,and is overseen by the FCC.Does not seem like this company is protecting customers from the internet terrorists. Your own system could be the target. So why do you make people WAIT just for a response,have to open 8 tabs just to get here to THIS useless page,when I'm sure Hughes knows the threat we are facing on the internet? What is you answer to this. World wide hackers don't fool around,we know that,don't we? And just for my own curiousity,why don't YOU know what FAP is? Keep opening more tabs on the site,you'll find the page displaying the times eventually.
Honorary Alumnus

Any usage between the hours of 2 am to 8 am are deducted from your Bonus Bytes "bucket"
Any usage between 8 am to 2 am are deducted from your Anytime Bytes "bucket"
You can see which one is "active " by opening the modems SCC by entering 192.168.0.1 into a browser.

Good morning Madelyn,

So it seems you still have some concerns, let's try to address them all one by one:

I can't use ANY bonus bytes,
Can you please elaborate on this? If anything is connected to the internet between 2am-8am, and you have Bonus Bytes, then they are being used. What exactly are you trying to do?

I have tried 12 times now to put that stupid meter in my tool tray
After we get the first point cleared up, we can work more thoroughly on getting your Status Meter installed. In the meantime, an alternate way to check the status of your Anytime and Bonus Bytes is to visit http://192.168.0.1/, as Jezra previously suggested.

tried to buy an express repair
You've had Express Repair Premium since you first got service in January. However, I see on your account that the account holder removed it December 20, 2015 at 09:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.

even tried to buy more tokens
Here's a way to purchase tokens:

Click on the Token Management link:

Click the Purchase link for whatever token size you need:

You will get a confirmation message once you've successfully completed the purchase.

Your data meters will not increase after buying tokens, instead, the TOKEN BYTES AVAILABLE underneath the meters will increase to reflected your purchased bandwidth. If you get stuck anywhere during this process, please let me know so we can help further.

WHY my "service" page doesn't seem to want to give me any services.
What exactly are you referring to and what are you trying to accomplish?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated as we work to address your concerns.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Highlighted

I said I purchased the Dell Inspiron M731R because my PC,DELL Dimension 5150 had Windows XP and Windows does not have support for XP anymore. So it was either buy Windows 8.1 and un-install the XP and install 8.1. Not cheap,and not within my range of knowledge. So we get a laptop,DELLS best model. (I wrote that down at the beginning of my post so you wouldn't miss it,see how I did that?) So now a year later,Windows decides to try and push Windows 10 on me. It isn't my laptop,I PAID Best Buy to check everything. Of course I have protection for my laptop. And I am NOT the person who asked what FAP is. it was one of your "Official Reps" and how funny is it that for some reason that post isn't up here anymore.                                   Mr. Bill you need to back off,whether YOU like it or not I AM A CUSTOMER. And I can do whatever I want to. I didn't ask for your advice,so maybe you should keep it to yourself.

Okay,Thank You. First of all why couldn't I use my bonus bytes after the others were used? If you look at the record,my Husband and I BOTH tried to purchase more tokens. But he had to CALL yet again,and speak to some guy that had a thick accent and talked REALLY FAST. I was listening to the call on speakerphone. It was ridiculous. Third call to your "Service Dept" and all they do is try as hard as they can to get you to upgrade. Always the upgrade. We do NOT have the cheapest package. So now with the exception of having to come here and get bashed by some guy,I haven't even used the laptop. That is the picture that we got. Those "up to 5 minutes to appear in your account" never happened. Why can't you just look our account up? Why do I have to keep wasting my paid for time to come back to this site for answers? Hughes has every bit of info on our account.  I am the one that removed the  Express Service Repair because after 24 hours, it never did anything,and I didn't want to get ripped for more money.  I have tried to fix this problem 3 customers gave me good advice,one jumps all over me. I don't take that kind of guff from anybody. Not when I AM PAYING for this service. From now on you will be communicating with my Husband. So Mr Bill can argue with him.
Honorary Alumnus

After you purchase a token, you "own" it but it is not ready for use until your "use" it ....

The "use" button can be seen in the area on the right end of screenshot below:

(click on picture for larger image)

After you click the "use" button, the number of "available" tokens is reduced by one and the data value of the token is then "transferred" not to your Anytime or Bonus Bytes amounts but is added to your "Available Token Bytes" that can be seen in the green area of the screenshot below:

Hi Madelyn,

When you enter 192.168.0.1 into your browser, you can see your usage and tokens there. I took a look myself and currently this is your status:

Please note the 2.3 GB of token data next to Token Bytes available. That's where your purchased bandwidth goes.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->