cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I still cannot even watch a 1 minute video of ANYTHING

Re: I still cannot even watch a 1 minute video of ANYTHING

SIR. Do NOT contact my wife anymore. Anything you have to say will be handled by ME.       John M Seele.

Oh, come on John. Your wife has left messages all over this BBS, some positive, most negative. Many well meaning folk have tried to help her. Now, you come pouring in all over the place demanding that people not respond to her? OK, handle me!
New Poster

you going handle Knerkin bring your lunch because they few of us got his back Hi Ya Knerkin Merry Christmas
Assistant Professor

She posts comments all over a public site then you (John) demand nobody replies? What country do you think this is?

There is an option to make original topics private if someone wants help form the Official Reps but doesn't want everyone else seeing and commenting. Think we all know that is not what she wants.
New Poster

She trolling a lot of post
Highlighted

Nice EDITING,removing the sentence,"what is FAP,anyways" How very sleazy.
Honorary Alumnus

Madelyn,

What IS  your problem ?

You have posted several times, more along the lines of "bellyaching" rather than troubleshooting.

I can understand there being a steep learning curve if a user comes from a ground based ISP BUT, here is a undeniable fact:

A Sat connection is for those with no other options ... a connection of last resort.

IF you have another choice .... take it !  Again, a Sat connection is a ISP of last resort. There is no amount of complaining that is going to turn it INTO the equivalent of a ground based ISP. You simply have to come to terms with that fact.

A Sat connection is "High Speed" not "Broadband" in the sense of Cable or DSL ... it simply is not the same, can not BE the same.

Once again, if you have another choice ... take it !

If you have no other choice then you are left with not having Internet at all or learning how to get the best from what you have, understanding the systems strengths  as well as its weaknesses.

WHAT IS your point in posting if you will not work with someone to either troubleshoot and get your system running the best that it can ?

I have been a Hughes subscriber for about 12 years and if it can break, it will have happened to me. That being said, some of your fellow users can share hard won knowledge and solutions if you will work with us.

To b*t*ch for the sake of b*tching is a waste of time as it leads no where. If something is "broke" and you do nothing with it .... it will remain "broke".

Again, Please drop the rhetoric, make a clear and concise post that outlines your issue(s) beyond your unhappiness that your Hughes connection isn't Cable or DSL.

If you want help, its here.

I personally will go to any length to help a fellow user understand their system, diagnosis problems and hand get the most from your system but frankly the pointless rants that have no value, do not help you or anyone else that reads your topic is beginning to come off as no more than a 7th grade girls gym class conversation.

Got a problem ? ... go to the end of this post and post that problem  ... you know, kind of like a "conversation" that has a beginning. a middle and an end.

Or I case you can just continue to make "seagull" posts.

Fix it or Forget it.

Honorary Alumnus

Let me see if I can break this down into some understandable form:

I haven't gotten ANY FAP time discounts,even though I purposely WAITED to use the laptop so I COULD get lower rates. 

Time "discounts":

Your plan unlike a cell service does NOT operate on "time:. Instead it operates of from a defined amount of "data" measured rather like a volume of liquid ... A pint, a quart, a half-gallon, a full gallon

Instead of liquid measure, Internet uses  bits, bytes, Kb's (thousands of Kilobits) or KB's (thousands of KiloBytes), Mb's (millions of bits), MB's (millions of Bytes) And GB's  ... Giga (bits with a small "b") or GB's ...(GigaBytes with a large "B") There are 8 bits in a "byte".

When you request and load a "webpage" it consists of a number of "parts" depending upon the site in question.

Some sites (very few anymore) are static pages, that is to say that once the page is loaded (with however many Kb's/KB's/Mb's/MB's) that page is DONE .. once loaded, not by TIME but by SIZE. its over .. it "debits" your monthly data allotment and is finished.

Most pages however are not "static" anymore but instead consist of a large number of "elements" some of which frequently refresh themselves and/or "auto-start" video clips in the background.

This activity will eat your monthly allowance alive if not understood and "controlled" in some fashion ... and we can help with that. There are free browser extensions the block that behavior but still allow "exceptions" to be made.

The above is not difficult. it only requires that first you be made aware of this type of "internet behavior" that wasn't a factor on Cable or DSL plans.

There are many other aspects that we can guide you through.... step-by-step ... including pictures if need be if you wish to learn the ways of getting the most from a capped plan.

Assistant Professor

I can't make sense of most of her posts anyhow. If she really has stage four dementia (OP) then I don't think there is really much point replying.

John, who I assume is her husband, has said to basically ignore her from what I gather by the post further down the page.

Sad point to be at in life, best wishes Madelyn and John. Hope you had a good Christmas.