cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think it's going backwards

Highlighted

I think it's going backwards

my wife has been trying to watch one movie on netflix for over a week, I can't use it, I would throw it out the window,This is sad that they rip people off like this to fill their pockets, Me and my wife are disabled and we just lost our house and everything we owned to a fire.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alum

Re: I think it's going backwards

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for posting your serial. Currently, your account is subject to the Fair Access Policy, meaning the data allowance has been exceeded and now the speeds have been reduced until your monthly allowance resets or until you purchase and use a token. 

If you find that your current plan doesn't meet your needs, rather than buying tokens constantly, you may want to consider upgrading to a plan with a bigger data allowance. 

As mentioned by our other community members, depending on what resolution you set your Netflix to, this will determine how quickly your data allowance is used up. Your site has been in FAP for some time now. If you're going to be streaming a lot of Netflix, our Prime or Max plans might be better options. Let us know if you have additional questions. 

Thanks,
Chris
6 REPLIES 6
Assistant Professor

Bruce, in your Netflix settings set playback to standard or low definition. Also, are you out of data?

I had to get extra data to watch Jr. High National Rodeo Finals. Once your used to set amount of data it goes really slow, too slow to watch anything
Alum

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for posting welcome to the community! We'd like to help address your concerns. Can you please post a recent case number or the serial number on the back/bottom of your modem? With this we'll be able to pull up your account and run some diagnostics to make sure your equipment is communicating effectively with the satellite. We hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Chris

What if it's too slow to load netflix so you can get to settings to set resolution??

Serial #  83 0010291023MB, pin # 1503568-0003,  model # HT 1100
Alum

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for posting your serial. Currently, your account is subject to the Fair Access Policy, meaning the data allowance has been exceeded and now the speeds have been reduced until your monthly allowance resets or until you purchase and use a token. 

If you find that your current plan doesn't meet your needs, rather than buying tokens constantly, you may want to consider upgrading to a plan with a bigger data allowance. 

As mentioned by our other community members, depending on what resolution you set your Netflix to, this will determine how quickly your data allowance is used up. Your site has been in FAP for some time now. If you're going to be streaming a lot of Netflix, our Prime or Max plans might be better options. Let us know if you have additional questions. 

Thanks,
Chris