cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I use the HT1100 - new customer. I'm just trying to figure this out. Any help is appreciated. :)

I use the HT1100 - new customer. I'm just trying to figure this out. Any help is appreciated. :)

I use the HT1100 - new customer. My speed is soooo slow - even for regular email use. I'm learning from THIS community site - since I was NOT informed regarding the usages of this internet services. It's 9/19 4 am - the meter tells me i have 33% left for usage - what the heck? I have not used the internet much at all. Looking at the meter usages, on 9-12-14 says I used 12,150 MB & on 18th used 3643. I didnt use this. I dont understand the usages and now I'm worried - could my neighbor (who also uses this service) signals getting mixed up with mine somehow? Also, my internet speeds are sooo sluggish - is this how this company 'obtains' its usage from customers by keeping the speed-usages down so low? I'm not too pleased so far - not impressed - and disappointed. I feel pretty much victimized by not being informed. I was led to believe this would be as regular cable internet - not up & down service usages and tokens (which I still dont know details about). I'm just trying to figure this out. Any help is appreciated. Smiley Happy
6 REPLIES 6

Re: I use the HT1100 - new customer. I'm just trying to figure this out. Any help is appreciated. :)

Another thing...  I used the HT1100  - where is this on the scheme of things?  Is this a low device or what?  How do I speed things up or get a better one?

Thanks!

Re: I use the HT1100 - new customer. I'm just trying to figure this out. Any help is appreciated. :)

IF YOU CAN GET A BETTER COMPANY LIKE FRONTIER OR SUCH AN YOU CAN GET OUT YOUR CONTRACT I SAY RUN I WANT OUT OF MY DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE YES VERY SLOW AN WHEN THEY GET YOU TRAPED IT ONLY GETS WORSE BUT IF YOU CAN RUN PLEASE IF NOT I HOPE THEY MAKE YOU HAPPY I AM NOT A HAPPY CUSTUMER AT ALL I WISH THEY WOULD JUST LET ME OUT OF MY CONTRACT AN COME GET THERE EQUIPEMENT AN I NEVER WANT NOTHING ELSE TO DO WITH THEM GOOD LUCK

Hello Cheyenne,

We'd like to refer you to your original post where we are already assisting you with your concerns: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/i-hate-this-company-so-slow-an-they-dont-care-say...

Thanks
Amanda

Get out well you can. they will say they will upgrade you for free but they will charge you. that's why I got out while I was still on the trial period .
New Poster

Hi B Simpson, to answer your second question first the HT1100 is the best modem Sat modem on the market, its capable of speeds of 20Mbps. I would recommend that you run 3 groups of 5 speed tests over the course of the day, 3 in the morning 5 around noon and 5 in the evening and post either a case number or the serial number from the label on the back or the bottom of your modem so the Mods can find your account and run remote diag. on it. keep in mind with these systems you need to run more than just 1 speed test and average the test to find your speed, also if your using a wireless router then yes it is possible for someone to access your system so make sure you change the password on your router.

What I would recommend is check you computer for Virus and also secure your wireless network make sure no one else is eating your service. Make sure your not streaming things also that eats away at bandwidth