I've been duped.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justauser
Freshman

I've been duped.

I want my DishNetwork back.  This service I have now is miserable.  I just got a download reading of 0.384Mbps.  WHAT?  The upload is great - 3.04Mbps.  But that isn't helping me!  Around and on January 1st, I wrote AND called to complain.  I got two ticket numbers - both promised to get back to me.     Hello - I'm still waiting for any kind of response/resolution.   I want my DishNetwork back.  Compared to these guys, Dish was Fast As Lightning.

HughesNet Service on a Scale of 1 to 10 - ZERO.

8 REPLIES 8
justauser
Freshman

Whoa..... let me take that back.  After I wrote this, I read some of the other comments from people who also had bad performance issues.  One of them said to change the "WPA Mode" (to WPA/WPA2).  Well, I did and then performed the testmynet tests for down and uploads.

Surprise - surprise - surprise.

Last night I saw a download rate of 41.0Mbps.   My Goodness

That, and switching to 802.11ac on 5GHz should give you max bandwidth.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Hi Mr. MarkJFine.  I've looked at every menu and just cannot find where to make this change.  I really just don't know what I am looking for.  I would really like to go to 5GHz, the 802.11ac well maybe, I don't know.   If I can change one of them at a time, that would assist my analysis.

Can you help this ol' fella?

Advanced Setup -> WIRELESS as shown:
Untitled.jpg

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

So I went into that menu and the settings for the 5Ghz were as you show in your example.  So I figure to enable the 5Ghz, I have to DISABLE the 2.4Ghz.  I did that by UN-checking the block for 2.4 at the top of that screen.

Lo and behold, I cannot connect to anything - internet down.  Now what?  One hour and 45 minutes later, the HughesNet help desk people repaired the problem.

Note - my Ralink WiFi adapter in my laptop is model RT5390 802.11b/g/n.  Big incompatablility.  I could not get back to the router to RE-check the block on the ADVANCED SETUP --> Wireless screen.  The reset button on the back of the router does not reset back to factory defaults, which I would have thought that it would,    Soooooo, for me, lesson learned.  

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@justauser wrote:

So I went into that menu and the settings for the 5Ghz were as you show in your example.  So I figure to enable the 5Ghz, I have to DISABLE the 2.4Ghz.  I did that by UN-checking the block for 2.4 at the top of that screen.  

No.  You can have both radios on at the same time.  They're different frequencies so they don't interfere with each other.  

maratsade

Unsurprisingly, neither this change nor changing from WPA to WPA/WPA2 makes a bit of a difference to my system.  LOL

@MarkJFine wrote:

Advanced Setup -> WIRELESS as shown:
Untitled.jpg

maratsade

"Surprise - surprise - surprise.

Last night I saw a download rate of 41.0Mbps.   My Goodness"

Very cool!