cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been without Internet or with sporadic access for the past four days.

I've been without Internet or with sporadic access for the past four days.

I've had this problem before several times with Hughesnet. Sometimes it seems to magically fix itself, and I hope for that instead of hour-long conversations with tech support people I can barely understand. . This is the longest bout of this problem we've had so far. I tried calling tech support but we were cut off, and I was so frustrated I didn't have it in me to call back, so I don't have a case number for this problem. My case number from the last time we had this problem is 45805087. The vast majority of the past four days, we've been unable to access any web pages. I've tried unplugging the router and plugging it back in. That doesn't help. I've tried unplugging the modem and plugging it back in. That doesn't help. At the moment, the blue system light is off on the modem. All other lights are solid or blinking. When I went to 192.168.0.1, the system status is red. The diagnostic code is 0000-0000-0000-0049 I get a lot of state codes about the gateway (connecting to the gateway, discovering the gateway ). The current one is 21.2.2. There are red Xs beside the following:: Summary operational state = down. IP Gateway association state =Not associated. TCP acceleration = down. I also tried chatting with tech support online using my iPad's Verizon data plan, and I kept getting an error message saying that I'm not authorized to enter the chat. Any ideas on what I can do to fix the connectivity problem? Thanks!
19 REPLIES 19
Associate Professor

Re: I've been without Internet or with sporadic access for the past four days.

Three questions...  Is your line of sight for the dish clear?  How has the weather at your location been?  What is your IP Gateway Association State? (can be found here: http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/index.cgi?Command=2 )

Hi, Charles! Thanks for your reply. We have a clear line of sight. The weather has been sunny for the past week or so. (We've become used to the weather causing problems with the connection from time to time if there's been torrential downpours, but that's not an issue at the moment.) The association state is "Associating" The "Association State Code" now is 21.1.5
Associate Professor

What's your signal strength currently?  Almost sounds like your dish is off alignment to me... Tomorrow when Hughes reps get in they will most likely know for sure when they check the terminal diagnostics data.

The satellite receive signal strength is 122 currently.
Associate Professor

Then I honestly have no idea at this point...  Hopefully tomorrow Amanda, Liz, Chris, or another Hughesnet rep can look into what's going on...
Ed3

unplug your modem for 30 second then plug it in, if that don't work restart your computer. hope that help?
Associate Professor

Thanks for your responses, Charles and Ed. Smiley Happy I've tried the old IT standby "turning it off and on again" more times than I can count. I usually unplug it and wait a solid minute before plugging it in. It really would be nice if a Hughesnet rep would respond to this.
Alum

Hi Divisible.by.three,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! We were able to pull up your account using the case number you provided. After running some diagnostics on your site we found that there is a bad alignment with your dish. We have decided to send out a technician to re-peak your Dish, replace any needed cables, and check your radio. Your Dispatch is currently scheduled for Wednesday, Jun 10, 2015 between 08:00 AM-12:00 NOON.

This is normally a $125 dollar fee but as a courtesy to you there will be no extra cost. If the time for your dispatch is not convenient for you please feel free to call us at 1-866-347-3292 to reschedule, you can also ask us about a express repair plan so that in the future the fee for this service will only be about $30. Once our technician gets out to your site you should be back up and running. Let us know how the dispatch goes. 

Thanks,
Chris