Hughesnet Community

I've been without service for a month.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herbdhall

I've been without service for a month.

I had really poor service for 3-4 months. Lots of trouble with SSL and DNS errors, sometimes running the troubleshooter and resetting the turbo page helped, sometimes rebooting the modem, sometimes it sucked for days and then got better.  About a month ago I was having trouble getting anything to connect. I tried all the usual stuff, and ended up cycling the power to the modem. When is came back up I could not connect. The top and bottom lights are on and the system and receive lights flash some but the send never lights up and it just cycles. I called support and was told I would have to pay for repairs. I lease the hardware, not own, so they offered to upgrade to GEN4. I don't want it. For $125 they will send a tech to repair. I don't like it but but I pay. Wait for appointment, take off work, tech is a no call no show. Call support. Tech canceled appointment due to no parts. He doesn't know what's wrong yet? Support says they are ordering parts and rescheduling. Two weeks later a tech come out (6 hours late for appointment), determines the modem is bad, but says he has no parts and will overnight a new modem to me. I already waited two weeks for parts and now he has no parts? It's a week later and I still have no parts. I am without service for a month and continue to get the run around. 
27 REPLIES 27