cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want out as well!

Re: I want out as well!

If you let it sit there for a few minutes after you start the video, it will have buffered quite a bit. Its what i do and it works perfectly with only minor buffering in the beginning.
New Poster

Bill you must be a liberal, because your logic makes too good of sense, that myself would have not thought of all this. Coming from a pretty technical background myself I can make a pretty good assumption that your presence on here is nothing more than comedy. If your so smart and so interested in harassing people with legitimate issues than do it with dignity instead of behind a computer screen. Also, to add that its pretty pathetic that your going around trashing on people when you could probably be doing your job if you even have one. I see the train as your pic on your profile is that supposed to describe the long line of bullshit that you dish out on everyone. Maybe you should seek help as you really need it since you like picking on everyone here. I would say to call someone and maybe you can sort out your own insecurities as your comments to me have sparked an office of laughter.
Honorary Alumnus

There are many reasons besides "prime time congestion" that could cause a slow connection.

The fact that nsimkonis  has the Ultra plan available would imply that the subscribers beam/gateway has ample capacity.

The normal protocol is to advise the subscriber to run a series of speeds tests ... early, mid and late ... this will prove out that a problem exists, to what extent and if its limited to a certain time period.

As I have stated before ... without data, its just another opinion.

Now, having the Ultra plan myself, I have to say my speeds seldom show a primetime slowdown.

This could be a simple matter of an issue on the OP's upload/download server among other things.

So to business ..

Log into your dashboard at   http://my.hughesnet.com/ and run a series of 5 speed tests, three times during a 24 hour period:

It would be helpful to post the results here as well:

Bill, we regulars really are here to help these folks if we can.

Highlighted

GOOD LUCK WITH GETTING OUT OF THE CONTRACT WITH NO FEES.  MY CONTRACT IS UP NOV 6 AND I CALLED FOR THEM TO SEND ME BOXES SO I COULD TURN THE EQUIPMENT BACK IN BEFORE THEY CHARGE MY ACCOUNT AGAIN AND THEY SAID I HAD TO WAIT UNTIL NOV 7 TO END AND THEY GOING TO CHARGE MY ACCOUNT ANOTHER MONTH BECAUSE THEY REFUSE TO SEND ME BOXES.. GOT SOME SAD NEWS FOR THEM THO.  IF EVERYONE THAT COMPLAINS ABOUT THIS COMPANY WOULD GET TOGETHER I AM SURE WE COULD HAVE A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST THEM BECUASE THEY FLAT OUT LIE TO YOU 
Assistant Professor

Do you really think all caps helps? And this site is not for lobbying for law suits, which btw you are bound by arbitration in the contract.
Tutor

Bill, I feel backing off a bit would be in order now if you believe the comment by Amanda above. Just the opinion of another HN user.
Assistant Professor

Name calling and personal attacks can get anyone here the boot.......... customers, regulars, Champions and I'm sure even the official reps.
Honorary Alumnus

I guess the point is:
Does a comment add value ?
Does it educate ?

If not, then better left unsaid.

I agree, Gwalk.
New Poster

Like that comment, I also use my Verizon cell phone to save data and its a 2 gig plan, and last all month, not 1 day. Well said