cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want out as well!

New Poster

I want out as well!

So I was told I would be able to stream netflix no problem when I activated my account, to my surprise last night that I couldn't stream netflix for more than a minute or two before the train of buffering started. This was nothing like the conversation I had with the lady from hughes. She said I would have no problem streaming netflix and just three days into the service I knew I had been screwed. I want my contract to terminated with no fee's. This is not what I was paying for. Also to add, I did adjust from HD to SD on netflix.
28 REPLIES 28

Re: I want out as well!

Welcome to Hugheset!  The worst internet service in the world!
New Poster

I got better service on my Verizon cell phone in the middle of the ocean on carnival cruise not hooked up to WiFi

This is a problem Hughes really needs to address.  It is the sales department and their over zealous efforts to "make the sale".  Then the mods have to come by and clean up after them.  I'm sorry this happened to you.  I do understand and I'm sure a mod will be along soon to help you with this.
Sophomore

Ohhh, I don't know about that. Having HN is like having Google fiber compared to my last ISP. You guys don't know how bad it can really get.

If you figure a way out of the contract, let us know how...
Assistant Professor

Can take 8 hours or more for any change to Netflix playback settings to take effect.

Bill,

We're really keeping an eye on some of the comments being made on the forum by you. Also, OP did mention this

Also to add, I did adjust from HD to SD on netflix.

Amanda

nsimkonis,

Hello! So, to start you will be able to watch Netflix with our service provided you have Gen4 and preferably a service plan over 5GB/month (you can still watch, but I don't recommend it). As you've done, SD is a good choice to go for streaming. You mention the first 3 days weren't so bad - did you have constant buffering then? Is it just now, on the third or fourth day that you've started to experience the slow down? I'd check on your data allowance at http://192.168.0.1 (doesn't require a login) to see if maybe you've exceeded the allowance already.

Thanks,
Amanda
New Poster

I just got finished moving in yesterday and first time I went to stream netflix, I was not ever 2 minutes into the walking dead before I was buffering every two minutes after that. I have 15mbps plan and have an allowance of 50g per month plus the additional 50 for off peak. I changed my Netflix settings on saturday to SD and like I said lastnight was the first time I went to actually use it, it was so bad I just turned it off.