cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want out of my contract.

Associate Professor

Re: I want out of my contract.

Residential DSL, because Uverse is incredibly limited in KY.  I keep forgetting that AT&T refuses to sign up new DSL customers here, and refers to DSL as UVerse here now.  It's rather annoying to talk to the contractors that work for AT&T around here, because none of them say DSL anymore, they just say, "this Uverse customer, that Uverse customer", when the service doesn't even exist in the area.  In a way, it has rubbed off on me.  But I do seem to remember a friend near-by (about an hour out) having Uverse, and being throttled starting at around 150GB, and by the time he hit 250GB they started charging him overages.  Granted, this was back when Uverse first started in this area.  So the rules may have changed?
Alum

Hi belk,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear this and I've already reviewed your sales call. Unfortunately this agent was misleading and we do apologize for this. You made it very clear how you would be using your service and our agent did not even offer a plan that would be close to meeting your needs. So, we will allow you to cancel with no fees. You will still need to call in to our support center to cancel. They'll need to provide you essential information and that can only be done over the phone. The phone number is 1-866-347-3292.

Please reference case #50110053 when calling in. I've left instructions for our agents to take care of this. If you run into any other concerns please feel free to let us know. I hope everything goes well with your next ISP.

Thank you,
Chris

I have the same problem. I should had stayed with brighthouse internet, hughes net is a joke. I also want out.
Highlighted

We're forking the reply to make sure the user in the original post gets the assistance they need and responses are not lost.

Please reference the new conversation here: bank charges

merging into your thread,...

Please reference the new conversation here: forked
Junior

Hi Chris,

I am extremely pleased that you do review the sales calls. Although I am happy with my service, initially I too was misled by the sales rep. and began my association with HughesNet quite unhappy.

I'm still scouring this forum, being a new member, and am finding this an area where your company could make vast improvement. There is an excessive number of users sharing the same complaint.

Had I been accurately informed I would have contracted the service anyway but being misrepresented to begins the relationship on bad terms.

While we would all like to have more data allowance, higher speeds and lesser costs;
IMO a major overhaul of sales would be the area most beneficial to your business.
Alum

Hi donsjgm,

One of the perks of working so closely with many of the departments within HughesNet is that we get to actively push for changes like this. Many of our sales agents are trained well and many customers are efficiently informed of our service. This community is such a small percentage of our customer base, however we understand that there is always room for improvement and we try to voice that to the proper channels as much as we can. We'll keep pushing to make the sales process better for potential subscribers and we really appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,
Chris
New Poster

You might want to tell Direct TV to train their reps also, my oldest daughter called today to see what it would cost to add internet to her direct package and she was told she would 60GB a month and when she questioned as to if that was anytime data or bonus they said its all anytime that there is no such thing as a bonus period with Hughesnet
Associate Professor

New Poster

Yep, fortunately my daughter grew up using Hughenet in our home and knew that wasn't right so she passed on it and called me right after, Im just wondering how many others were duped by Direct TV into Hughes under the same conditions and then the customer ends up here mad.