Hughesnet Community

I was also told during my call with the sales rep that using a VPN would be no problem.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KristaC
New Poster

I was also told during my call with the sales rep that using a VPN would be no problem.

I specifically told them that I worked from home on a VPN all day and was told there shouldn't be an issue.  I'm seeing extream slowness when connected to the VPN and I can't run my IP Phone on the VPN at all.  This will impact my job and a fix is needed asap or I need to be released from my contract so I can switch back to the DSL I had before being told Hughes net would work for me!

8 REPLIES 8
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@KristaC

Unfortunately, VPNs don't tend to work well with HughesNet due to the higher latency, and your speeds will often be greatly affected when using one.  With that said, though, you may have recourse.  As long as it hasn't been more than a few months the reps should be able to pull your sales call to review it to see what was said.  It can take them a day or two to reply to your post, but they will.  

@Amanda

Thanks I hope to hear something soon....

GabeU

You're very welcome.  🙂  

KristaC
New Poster

I haven't heard anything on this and I'm going to have to switch back to my DSL.  This is impacting my work, I can no longer use my IP Phone and all of my local SQL communication is so slow and most of the time times out on the VPN with HughesNet.  I'm not sure what else to do....I've heard nothing back...

GabeU

@KristaCwrote:

I haven't heard anything on this and I'm going to have to switch back to my DSL.  This is impacting my work, I can no longer use my IP Phone and all of my local SQL communication is so slow and most of the time times out on the VPN with HughesNet.  I'm not sure what else to do....I've heard nothing back...

Hopefully a rep will reply soon.  They're shorthanded this week, but hopefully it will be soon.  But, with regard to the issue itself, it's very likely that there won't be any type of fix that will get your VPN to work properly with HughesNet, unfortunately.  😞    

maratsade

"They're shorthanded this week"

I guess you get the memos, Gabe.  🙂

GabeU

@maratsadewrote:

"They're shorthanded this week"

I guess you get the memos, Gabe.  🙂

Shhh.  That'll give me away!  😛   

I'm going to tag Amanda again, just in case.  @Amanda

maratsade

If @Amanda is smart, she's hiding under a desk in a remote section of HQ.

@GabeUwrote:

I'm going to tag Amanda again, just in case.