cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was told better than DSL

New Poster

I was told better than DSL

Can't watch my TV apps, lagging constantly! Tried to download a 50 MG computer game, and it took almost 45 minutes. Took off work lost pay to get this installed, now its worse than my DSL I had. At least I could watch my apps with DSL. Facebook is almost impossible to use. Any help will be very much appreciated!!!!!!

Thanks, Stan Stieglitz ILLINOIS, U.S.A.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Professor III

Re: I was told better than DSL

Stan, lag is to be expected with satellite internet due to the distance the signal travels.  DSL being terrestrial has minimal lag.  How long have you had the service, and who told you it would be better than DSL in terms of lag?

stancanman wrote:

Can't watch my TV apps, lagging constantly! Tried to download a 50 MG computer game, and it took almost 45 minutes. Took off work lost pay to get this installed, now its worse than my DSL I had. At least I could watch my apps with DSL. Facebook is almost impossible to use. Any help will be very much appreciated!!!!!!

Thanks, Stan Stieglitz ILLINOIS, U.S.A.

Senior

I would follow the instructions here for performing speed tests, and post the results here, that way support can help you and attempt to determine that everything is working properly on your end.  

stancanman, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy