cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRC blocking hughes.net

IRC blocking hughes.net

getting the following when trying to connect to irc.freenode.net (a popular programming chat site)

You are banned from this server- You have a host listed in the DroneBL. For more information, visit
mirror1.dronebl.org/lookup_branded.do?ip=97.73.80.178  Please contact
proxyscan@freenode.net with questions. (2014/10/14 14.52)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: IRC blocking hughes.net

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
IRC blocking hughes.net.

getting the following when trying to connect to irc.freenode.net (a popular programming chat site)

You are banned from this server- You have a host listed in the DroneBL. For more information, visit

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
IRC blocking hughes.net.

Good morning David, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. We were able to pull up your account based on your community profile so we'll investigate further to address your concerns. How long have you been able to access that IRC site? Today was the first time you received that ban notice?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I just started to get this same message from the IRC system myself.  I doubt this is related in any way to our accounts, it's the IP address blocks being assigned by DHCP.  I have been an active user of IRC for 9yrs now and have never been banned.  I can switch to my dialup system and connect to IRC just fine.  There is a proceedure to clear the flag on the IP, but why bother when a different one will be assigned that still has the issue.  I think Hughesnet needs to contact these people and get to the bottom of the issue.

This is my error from today:

You are banned from this server- You have a host listed in the DroneBL. For more information, visit frontend1.dronebl.org/lookup_branded.do?ip=97.73.80.46  Please contact proxyscan@freenode.net with questions. (2015/3/1 20.43)
* Closing Link: 97.73.80.46 (K-Lined)
* Disconnected (Remote host closed socket).

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,

I've created a new thread to focus on addressing your concerns.

-Liz

Please reference the new conversation here: Banned from IRC
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.