cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you haven't already signed up with Hughes net RUN! Service has barely worked from day 1.

If you haven't already signed up with Hughes net RUN! Service has barely worked from day 1.

If you haven't already signed up with Hughes net RUN! Servies has barely worked from day 1. Customer service is NO help and refuses to send someone without wanting to charge me 100's of dollars.. Keep telling me they see no problems and it MUST be on my end. When installed they kid showed up 2 hours late, and ran out the door as soon as installed. Never checked the system or explained anything to me. When I ordered I asked if this service would work well for a family of 7 with all 5 kids needing it for homework and such. Was told absolutely. We hardly have service and they can't do their homework. Then I find out if I want to cancel to go back to my old service they will charge us $400 if cancelled within the first 90 days! Why would a reputable company not care that their service doesn't work for a brand new customer? Everytime I call they tell me I need to get another computer or piece of equipment for them to properly test my system. Then when I call back with said equipment they tell me my equipment must be broken and to get another one. Spend over an hour on the phone each time and get no help plus you can barely understand what they are all saying since they barely speak English! You should be allowed to cancel free of charge in the first 90 days if the system never works properly and they refuse to send someone out to fix the issue. Worst customer service and company ever. 
  • HughesNet System Performance
3 REPLIES
Senior

Re: If you haven't already signed up with Hughes net RUN! Service has barely worked from day 1.

>>Customer service is NO help and refuses to send someone without wanting to charge me 100's of dollars.

$125 dollars, I think, not hundreds. Why would you expect not to have to pay for a service?

>>Keep telling me they see no problems and it MUST be on my end.

And maybe they are on your end. Have you tried to see whether something on your end could be causing problems?

>>When I ordered I asked if this service would work well for a family of 7 with all 5 kids needing it for homework and such. Was told absolutely.

You can ask to have your sales call reviewed (if you bought directly from Hughesnet), and they will be able to see what you were told and what you replied.

>>Then I find out if I want to cancel to go back to my old service they will charge us $400 if cancelled within the first 90 days!

So you did not read the contract before you signed it? The termination fees are explained there. Termination fees are standard practice for internet service providers as well as others (cable, phone service). 

>>Why would a reputable company not care that their service doesn't work for a brand new customer?

Two way street. Why would a customer not care to learn how a system works?

>>You should be allowed to cancel free of charge in the first 90 days if the system never works properly and they refuse to send someone out to fix the issue.

Companies determine when customers can cancel free of charge. 30 days is standard, sometimes the period is even shorter. 90 days is wishful thinking and it's not the reality.  Hughesnet is not the only company to have these policies.

>>Worst customer service and company ever.

And yet they keep getting kudos for good customer service. 

There are many customers on this community who can help you with your issues. You should take advantage of the wealth of knowledge here, and make the best of your current system. 
Senior

Re: If you haven't already signed up with Hughes net RUN! Service has barely worked from day 1.

........ to go back to my old service ..........
If you had ground based internet it was not wise to switch to satellite. Unless it was dial-up or very poor DSL. Satellite service capped like cell data plans.

Hi roberts7,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I see you've already reached out to us via our Facebook page. Your case manager will reach out to you to address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz