cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to view any video, buffering never stops.

Sophomore

Re: Impossible to view any video, buffering never stops.

Thank you.  That's what I have tried to explain to Hughesnet technical support multiple times.  Upload and download speeds are acceptable, but there is an issue with streaming video.  It seems as though technical support doesn't want to acknowledge the issue.  Each time I contact them, I run the same tests, I answer the same questions, and I get the same result - NO HELP.

Sophomore

It is very frustrating to be locked in a contract with a provider who cannot provide the agreed upon quality of service and who is unable to trouble shoot their own service.  I work in computer technical support and I would never dream of providing the low level of support that I have received from Hughesnet.  I would escalate the issue to someone who could resolve the issue rather than throw my hands up in the air and continue to bill an end user for a service that I was unable to provide, troubleshoot, or support.

I have been experiencing this issue since my service with Hughesnet began a few months ago, but no one in technical has taken the issue seriously enough to properly resolve it or admit that it cannot be resolved.  After reading other users' complaints, this seems to be a common problem with Hughesnet - poor customer support for a service plagued with issues.

Distinguished Professor III

@Cegreen 

I don't blame you for being frustrated.  I would be, too, especially if I were experiencing a problem that is only happening with HughesNet and which they haven't yet been able to figure out.  Hopefully the reps here, who are coporporate based reps with direct access to the engineers, will be able to do so.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

For anyone interested - after spending 35 minutes on the phone with Hughesnet technical support so that they could "tweak" some settings, my download speed at testmy.net has now dropped from over 45 Mbps to 12.6 Mbps and my upload speed has dropped from 2.7 Mbps to 1.9 Mbps - AND I still have the buffering issue.

Senior Instructor

Unfortunately, I can't say anything about the buffering, because there could be a multitude of things causing that. But there are things you can check to see why your speed reduced:

If you're used to using the 5GHz wifi band or ethernet cable, make sure you're still using it and didn't switch over to the 2GHz one for some reason.

If you are using 5GHz and if you still have the reduced speed problem, carefully look at the wifi settings on the modem to see if they possibly switched you out of 11/a/n/ac wireless mode (provided your computer's wifi supports 802.11ac). OTOH, if you're using an ethernet cable, lord knows what they did.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Sophomore

i appreciate your reply, and I realize that you may not have been following the thread.  Wifi is disabled on the modem.  I don't use wifi - it only makes the issues worse.  I'm not asking for an explanation for the drop in upload/download speed.  The drop is due to changes made by technical support.  I was on the phone with them when they made the changes and we verified that the speeds decreased.

I'm only passing along the progress that Hughesnet technical support has made in resolving my buffering issue.

Senior Instructor

Understand. And you're correct, I haven't been following the whole thing. I just know they have changed those kinds of settings on people, which does affect people's speeds, and it's rather irritating.

Perhaps one of the admins/mods can peer in, see what's going on and reverse it, but they likely won't be able to do so until they return on Monday.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Mea

I met a man, he had Hughesnet.  As time passed I took control over the internet we have. I called Hughesnet they came out several times. Fixed most problems that the original installers did not do.  Time goes on and life passes on.  So I called one more time for never, ever can a person stream, much less get a bit of service.  He never paid much but when Hughesnet persons came out.  He tripled check to see why I could not stream  I had 90% and as he said :  No reason on earth I could not stream. Oh he did work so hard inside and out with no luck what so ever. I have made countless phone calls, visit on my dime for them to fix a very sad system they have.  Well I have cancelled my account.  How the sun shines , the birds are singing and life could not be more perfect in the internet world.  Signed up with a local / inline provider and as if the dark cloud has been lifted indeed.  Take my advice I have tried it all.....Get rid of them ASAP.  I also recorded every single phone call, etc  No way they can screw us out of any more usless funds. May God bless the broken internet.  

Sincerely, Mea 

Professor

• Not everyone has different choices for internet, so they may not be able to "get rid of them" and get another provider. 
  • A person can stream. You couldn't, and there may have been many reasons why not.  Too late now for you to post here and get help.  
  • Actually, they do help subscribers here. Since you never asked for help here, you should not say there's "no help," as that's inaccurate.
  • You have cancelled your subscription, so you should now focus on getting a new provider, if one is available to you.  Coming here to "warn" others is not helpful, as their experience may not be like yours, nor the causes for their experience be like yours. 
  • Goodbye and good luck with your new ISP. 
Distinguished Professor III

Was that supposed to be a poem? 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit