cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improper installation.

good31994
Freshman

Improper installation.

I've had a Hughesnet system for a few years after having poor performence by the Wild Blue system. We were plagued with bad coax problems under Hughesnet which required numerous service calls. As it turns out, the original Hughesnet installation was not done properly.

The original installer used the old Wild Blue coax for the Hughesnet install. That coax had water infiltration which may have been the Wild Blue demise. It was replaced on yet another Hughesnet service call.

Fast forward to this week. I had a new roof put on our home which required removing the Hughesnet dish. I called a local Hughesnet dealer (Lane T.V.)   to re-install and re-point the dish.

The dealer found about 15 problems with the Hughesnet installation, he photo documented all of  problems including the supports being installed upside down,improper grounding, mast not plumb, incorrect ground wire gauge, etc.

The cost to properly install the Hughesnet dish - $324. 

So let this serve as a caveat. "Free Professional Installation" are just words in an advertisement and do not guarantee your installation will be done correctly, just free.

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Re: Improper installation.

Hi good31994,

Thanks for posting and sharing your story, that certainly is not the normal installation experience we have for our customers. I do remember your previous thread in the community regarding the coax, and I credited you for that repair. 

I've escalated this case to our installations department for their insight since you only went to your local dealer for the repair, so it's not on your account history in our system. I'll reach out once I have any news to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

good31994
Freshman

I used the local dealer for the re-install because the dish had to be repositioned due to the roofing being replaced.  That is why Hughesnet was not involved, my roof isn't their problem. 

What IS their problem is that they have installers that do sub-standard work. "Sub-standard" is the word my installer used to describe the mess he had to fix.

Hughesnet did credit my account $100 when I called them and reported what my installer revealed. They would only credit $100 because there was no repair order through them. 

So is it Hughesnet position that when a dish has to be removed for construction they require a notification? Customers should know that.

Liz

Good morning good31994,

Thank you for the follow up and clarification, glad to hear you got credit back. Regarding your last question, that is precisely what I've asked our installs department, since they are in charge of all the dealers. Smiley Happy I'll post back once I have any news to share.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Good morning good31994,

Thank you for waiting, I've gotten some updates for you. The installs department confirmed that techs shouldn't be going out without a Field Service Order (FSO). In these cases where the dish needs to be moved, we must be contacted first to arrange that for you. Please check your private messages in the top right corner, I'll PM you with additional details regarding your concern.

Thanks again for bringing this up so we could get this sorted out for you.