cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In escalation **bleep**

AmyBlank

In escalation **bleep**

Hey, I have been experiencing speeds of <1Mbps since the 9th.(before that, actually, but that's when I called in). The tech pointed out that I had used up my 50 Gb allowance, which has never happened before, but said that my speed should still be > 1Mbps. He escalated me, and apparently put a deadline on it of 3/12 at 9pm, so even though I paid for 2-day support, when I called in on 3/11 they said there was nothing they could do bc of the 3/12 deadline. That deadline has come and gone, and tech support says they still can't do anything, because it has been escalated. It's apparently an hour wait for a supervisor. Honestly, it feels like you guys put me on hold for long periods of time to punish me for not being willing to settle for not getting what I'm paying for. I asked the last tech to put me through to customer retention, and she put me on hold and I hung up after about 20 minutes.

Note that I did purchase additional tokens, but this has made zero difference to the internet speed. Is there something that needs to happen to put them into play? How can I get someone to actually DO something about my problem? I paid for 2-day service (which is still slow), and we're into day 4 now.

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: In escalation **bleep**

Amy, I think your best bet is to wait until Monday when the HN reps come back to the site. They can check your account and see what's going on, and likely they can do something about getting you connected to whomever you need to connect with.  If you're a residential customer, they will be able to check what's going on and they will then tell you what the next steps are, and may even be able to fix the monetary issue.  I guess you could call or chat, but it looks like that's not taking you anywhere, so you will likely have to wait until Monday.    

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@AmyBlank 

If you've purchased data tokens and they are currently being used, I would run a few speed tests to demonstrate the speeds you're getting.  Data tokens take your service back out of the throttled state, as if you have plan data again, and if you're getting speeds that low while you're using data tokens there's a significant problem.  Speeds under 1Mbps while subject to FAP (Fair Access Policy) and throttled isn't all that uncommon, but it most assuredly should not be that low while you have data, whether it be plan data or token data, as the system treats both types the same way... as data.  So, again, if you're current using plan data I would run a few a few batches of the following tests to demonstrate the speed you're getting.  If, however, it shows that you are NOT drawing from the Data Tokens and you are throttled, I would wait for a rep to reply on Monday.  You should be able to see whether you're drawing from Data Tokens in the modem's System Control Center or via the HughesNet Mobile App.  There will be an indicator that tells you if you're currently utilizing Data Tokens.  If not, and you're out of plan data, you're in FAP and throttled.  Again, if you're subject to FAP and throttled I would wait to see what the reps have to say.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share your testmy.net "My Results" page URL with us here. A batch each in the morning, afternoon and evening is the most ideal, but the reps are well aware that not everyone can do this, so please just run a batch when you can.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem while the speed tests are being performed
-the testing device should be the ONLY device connected to the HughesNet modem while testing
-use the manual 25MB size download test file
-if testing upload instead of download, use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test in the batch at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please see this site.

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you don't know how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem, please see "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem?" in this PDF. Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Hi Amy, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'd like to look into this for you, do you have a case number for me to pull up?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi Amy, 

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.