Inability to stream live tv ever.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slefever
New Poster

Inability to stream live tv ever.

We are unable to stream any live streaming tv ever, even with video data saver paused. So far between very bad customer service and inability to use the service for what we intended. A tech support ticket was issued when service was first installed and I was told they wouldn't get back to me for several days. I work out of state for weeks at a time and there date that tech would get back tome me was unacceptable. After bad experiences I had with customer service at this point I just wanted to cancel at th at that point. After being  on the phone with various people forthe hours that day talked me out of canceling and promised in exchange that tech would get back to me the day before I was supposed to leave for work. That didn't happen. I have now returned from work and still have the same issues. If  I can't get these issues resolved I will cancel and I will not pay anything more as I am not receiving the service I was promised.

11 REPLIES 11

@Slefever wrote:

We are unable to stream any live streaming tv ever, even with video data saver paused.........

I don't have very much direct experience with streaming -- it uses way too much data.  Judging by the posts I have seen here, the ability to stream with Hughes depends on your latency, and bandwidth available on your beam and gateway.  IOW  your location on the planet.   Might help if you cross your fingers also.   :>)>

That didn't happen. I have now returned from work l have the same issues. If  I can't get these issues

resolved I will cancel and I will not pay anything more as I am not receiving the service I was promised.

I would agree that's your right, contracts should go both ways, but I wouldn't be too hasty,  give the mods here a chance to look at your system.   That probably won't happen until next week though.

Hello Shawn,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear this. As gaines_wright stated, live streaming quality can be affected by latency, so your results may vary. Satellite internet has higher latency then ground-based internet, due to the time it takes the signal to travel up to the satellite and back. Your modem is receiving adequate speeds and all operations are fully functional. When looking through your previous cases referring to technical support, while the agent was consulting, you requested a supervisor on the call. You were then transferred to account management after asking to cancel, therefore, an escalation to advanced technical support was never processed. If you would like to perform additional troubleshooting and escalate the case if needed, please let me know what other issues you are experiencing. 

-Damian 

Hi Damian.  I'm having the same issues as Shawn - we've had the service less than 24 hours, and it's as bad as old fashioned dial up.  Customer service and tech support haven't been able to resolve issues.  We are supposedly supposed to be talking to an engineer, but can't get a straight answer on when that will be.  Also...this latency that you mention was never mentioned by the sales rep.  They spoke like Satellite internet was better than anything else --- he told me its the same satellite that the government uses... Can you help?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The Hughesnet reps are here M-F, usually 9-5, sometimes a bit longer.  To get individualised help, please start a new topic under Tech Support. Just click on the "Start a topic" button and provide a detailed account of your issue.  Please be aware that you may be required to run some troubleshooting on your end before the reps can help you. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

lorrie wrote:

Hi Damian.  I'm having the same issues as Shawn - we've had the service less than 24 hours, and it's as bad as old fashioned dial up.  Customer service and tech support haven't been able to resolve issues.  We are supposedly supposed to be talking to an engineer, but can't get a straight answer on when that will be.  Also...this latency that you mention was never mentioned by the sales rep.  They spoke like Satellite internet was better than anything else --- he told me its the same satellite that the government uses... Can you help?

Thank you maratsade.  I've started a new topic already.  

maratsade

Ah, I see it! https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Slow-to-No-speeds-for-this-brand-new-customer/m-p/10...

You may want to just stay there - this is not a social media site, so unless you have tech support to provide another user,  it's best not to turn a thread into a conversation. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

lorrie wrote:

.  I've started a new topic already.  

Gee thanks....as I said, I'm a brand new customer - less than 24 hours.  Just searching for answers, as tech support has been unable to resolve our issues.  We've spent 8 hours on the phone with them so far....no sooner did the installer leave the house when the trouble began.  Do you work for HughesNet?

maratsade

• Like my signature says, I'm  a customer.
  • This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, with some input from Hughesnet staff M-F for things the customers can't answer.   
  • Answers from fellow customers are to be expected. 

Best wishes to you, and I hope your issue gets solved soon and to your satisfaction.

Thank you

Shawn,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

-Damian 

lorrie
Sophomore

I am so sad to hear this.  I also have a similar work schedule and was trying HughesNet because the only other option in our area is DSL (which I've had for 3 years and it's just awful).  Have you had any luck with their tech support yet?