cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent service error code 12.1.9

Inconsistent service error code 12.1.9

I have contacted tech support several times and have been monitoring my system control.  My service works fine for a while then cuts out, then is fine, then cuts out repeatedly.  The state code is 12.1.9 "A transmit  problem has occurred".  The last tech support rep told me there was an issue with one of Hughes' transmit points and it should clear up.  That was 2 weeks ago.  I'm tired of the same discussion when I call tech support.  Will a replacement modem help this, or can someone come out and ensure the service is consistent?  I understand weather and all that, but this happens regardless of weather and over a long period of time.  I must have more consistent service than this or I will have to obtain internet service using another means.

Other error codes present:  12.3.1, 13.1.1, 20.1.1, 13.2.3.  

I've restarted my modem, restarted manually and using the web app.  Checked connections, reset computers, etc. Went completely through the list several times to no avail.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Inconsistent service error code 12.1.9

Good afternoon owlcreekfarm,

Welcome to the HughesNet community, I can see your account and I am happy to help. The code 12.1.9 you mention can mean that the Transmission error rate is high at the time you got the error. Which basically also means a transmit problem has occurred, and this could be due to a number of factors, as you mentioned weather. But since it continues I do recommend us sending you a replacement modem, at no cost to you, as your current modem is under warranty. We will ship a replacement HT1100 modem by UPS to your site address.

Once you get the modem it should be just plug and play. Take the old modem and replace it with the HT1100 modem. If you have trouble swapping out the modems please call 866-347-3292 24 x 7 to have an agent help you. Then test for a few days and report back here. We will also issue a service credit to your account for the past one month of service.

I will be looking forward to hearing the results. Please let me know if you have any questions,

Miles

Miles,
Thank you so much.  This method of addressing issues is much preferred over a phone call.  I appreciate the direct and prompt action.  
Associate Professor

I am having the exact problem and have followed the same steps. Still a problem, any ideas?
Associate Professor

Is your Hughesnet modem plugged into an UPS?  If so, remove it and plug it into a regular surge protector.

If that doesn't solve things, then you may want to create a new thread for your self so Hughes can focus on your exact issues specifically.