Incredibly bad service, Outlook 365 not updating since 7/3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
binki
Sophomore

Incredibly bad service, Outlook 365 not updating since 7/3

After a few weeks of acceptable service we are back to incredibly bad service, so much so I have to tether off of my phone to send and recieve emails in Outlook 365. 

Can someone from HUGHES look into this and fix this problem? It isn't worth the nearly $200/month I am paying for it to not be able to use it at all. 

14 REPLIES 14
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@binki 

Is Outlook the primary issue, as in you're having problems with the emails, but not other things?  If this is the case, it helps to narrow the focus.  

You may want to run a few speed tests to be current and to ensure that it's not a connection timeout issue.    

https://testmy.net/quickstats/binki

I am looking for someone from Hughes to troubleshoot this. 

Does Hughes even monitor this forum? 

maratsade

M-F during business hours.  If you're in a hurry, use chat or the 800 number. 

binki wrote:

Does Hughes even monitor this forum? 

It figures they charge me 24/7 but don't work more than a few hours a week. 

Thanks, It will still suck on Monday. I will wait until then. I can tether it off my phone. That one does work. 

maratsade

866-347-3292 -- Available 24/7.

binki wrote:

It figures they charge me 24/7 but don't work more than a few hours a week. 

Thanks, It will still suck on Monday. I will wait until then. I can tether it off my phone. That one does work. 

GabeU

@binki wrote:

I am looking for someone from Hughes to troubleshoot this. 

If/when they do, I suggest that you answer the questions they ask and perform the troubleshooting steps they require, but without the remarks you felt necessary to give the last time people attempted to help you.   

Regarding this time, the question I asked and suggestion I gave in my first reply will very likely be asked and given by the reps, if/when they reply.  Rather than wasting time, you should consider running a few speed tests.

Good day.

I am only interested in help from someone from Hughes, You can stop responding and watching this thread. Thanks. 

@binki,

Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this. As you have already been informed by our Champions who assist on this community platform, please run speed tests on testmy.net.This will give us a good starting place and allow us to ensure which issues are relevant

While you are gathering your test results, I will be running remote diagnostics to rule out any other issues that may be present. As was mentioned earlier, is this an Outlook issue only? Your answer will help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps. 

-Damian    

This issue is worst with Outlook 365 because it is cloud based. Any emails that have attachments mostly won't send or recieve. Overall the service speed is terrible most of the time not matter what. It is an overall problem. 

If you work for Hughes then contact me privately on either my phone number or email address on your records. I will not run any more speed tests without having my account credited for the bandwith I have used doing the same thing a month ago as recommended by your champions, who, in the end stated they couldn't help me after using all of my monthly bandwith doing speed tests. The speed tests are useless as they are point in time tests and do not show the true picture that the bandwith on a daily basis is so bad it is unusable with modern software that insists on being cloud based. This includes Microsoft Office 365 products.  

Hughes needs to contact me personally and work this out. This service is very expensive and I have been using it for many years and have done several expensive upgrages and this is barely better than DSL. 

@binki,

I am a HughesNet representative that you are currently speaking to. I will not be able to reach out to you directly through the methods you listed, as this is the channel I operate through specifically. If you wish to receive assistance in the way that you request, please call our support number at 1-866-347-3292. Thank you for your time and good luck.   

-Damian 

Damien, Thanks for not being able to help in the support site for Hughes even though you work for them. Your help is as effective as the overall service I am recieving. If you have in your power to give me credit for all of the bandwith I used on my testing last month, please do so. You should be able to find it as GabeU has posted my profile many times. If you can do tests from your side, please do so. The service is sub standard and is pretty much useless given I have to tether off of my phone to do an email with an attachment. 

I will call the support number, GabeU, stop responding to me, you can't help if you don't work for Hughes. You are wasting my bandwith again. 

BTW, it is taking me 20 minutes to log into this site and is very frustrating to deal with all of this. 

Can Hughes please address the bandwidth situation? Saying that everyone working from home is not an answer other than you were not prepared to get more customers or service. After all, you choak us off at a certain limit each month. Are you saying you don't even have the capacity that you sold? 

Again, anyone who doesn't work for Hughes can ignore this. It takes me 20 minutes to log in to see the response and you are wasting my time. 

Damien, Are you saying you can't even contact a customer about a problem even by email? Really? Do you have an expidited  phone number I can call that you can give me? 

GabeU

@binki wrote:

Damien, Thanks for not being able to help in the support site for Hughes even though you work for them. Your help is as effective as the overall service I am recieving. If you have in your power to give me credit for all of the bandwith I used on my testing last month, please do so.  

Damian did offer to help you, and he offered to help you HERE.  He cannot give you help without your input.  The help you receive via the HughesNet Support Community is through the HughesNet Support Community, not the phone or email.  If you want help here you'll receive it HERE.  The reps here do not email, chat with or call customers.  If you want help via phone or email, you can use those avenues, but not with the reps here.  You're making this so much harder than it needs to be.  Had you run a few speed tests over the weekend as requested and simply answered the question, you would've likely already been well on your way to a solution.  

You used around 670MB for your testmy.net speed testing last month.  You might tack another couple hundred on for the current testing required to help.  If you decide you would like to work with the reps here, they may very well compensate you for your data usage, but that's entirely up to them.

People are genuinely trying to help you. I don't understand why you won't allow any of us to do so.  

Good day to you.  And don't worry, I won't reply again.  I can't force you to receive help.

GabeU

@binki 

The reps on this Support Community are not going to call you or email you.  They will work with you through this Support Community.  They may give you a token to run speed tests.  

If you do not want to work with the reps through this Support Community and would rather speak with them or work with them via email, you can call HughesNet Support at 866-347-3292 or contact them through email support, which you can reach by clicking on the Contact Us now button on the upper right.

Edit:  Please excuse the redundancy.  Damian posted while I was typing my reply, so I didn't see his.