cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredibly bad service, Outlook 365 not updating since 7/3

Highlighted
Sophomore

Incredibly bad service, Outlook 365 not updating since 7/3

After a few weeks of acceptable service we are back to incredibly bad service, so much so I have to tether off of my phone to send and recieve emails in Outlook 365. 

Can someone from HUGHES look into this and fix this problem? It isn't worth the nearly $200/month I am paying for it to not be able to use it at all. 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Incredibly bad service, Outlook 365 not updating since 7/3

@binki 

Is Outlook the primary issue, as in you're having problems with the emails, but not other things?  If this is the case, it helps to narrow the focus.  

You may want to run a few speed tests to be current and to ensure that it's not a connection timeout issue.    

https://testmy.net/quickstats/binki

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Sophomore

I am looking for someone from Hughes to troubleshoot this. 

Highlighted
Sophomore

Does Hughes even monitor this forum? 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

M-F during business hours.  If you're in a hurry, use chat or the 800 number. 

binki wrote:

Does Hughes even monitor this forum? 

Highlighted
Sophomore

It figures they charge me 24/7 but don't work more than a few hours a week. 

Thanks, It will still suck on Monday. I will wait until then. I can tether it off my phone. That one does work. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

866-347-3292 -- Available 24/7.

binki wrote:

It figures they charge me 24/7 but don't work more than a few hours a week. 

Thanks, It will still suck on Monday. I will wait until then. I can tether it off my phone. That one does work. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@binki wrote:

I am looking for someone from Hughes to troubleshoot this. 

If/when they do, I suggest that you answer the questions they ask and perform the troubleshooting steps they require, but without the remarks you felt necessary to give the last time people attempted to help you.   

Regarding this time, the question I asked and suggestion I gave in my first reply will very likely be asked and given by the reps, if/when they reply.  Rather than wasting time, you should consider running a few speed tests.

Good day.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Sophomore

I am only interested in help from someone from Hughes, You can stop responding and watching this thread. Thanks. 

Highlighted

@binki,

Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this. As you have already been informed by our Champions who assist on this community platform, please run speed tests on testmy.net.This will give us a good starting place and allow us to ensure which issues are relevant

While you are gathering your test results, I will be running remote diagnostics to rule out any other issues that may be present. As was mentioned earlier, is this an Outlook issue only? Your answer will help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps. 

-Damian