Insane latency over the last week

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
levamentum
Freshman

Insane latency over the last week

Hi there, im using gen 5 sat and ive been able to succesfully play World of Warcraft over the past 6 months with around 500-600 latency, no big deal. But over the course of the last week ive been getting 1500-7000 latency and disconnections. What has changed this since last month when it was working swell?

58 REPLIES 58
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Yes in game its being reported at those numbers. While im browsing the web it keeps saying these pages took too long to load like im disconnected then 20 secs later i refresh and it works. keeps disconnecting me in game too. @C0RR0SIVE

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Im not sure which satellite im pointed at, I havent seen a system state code yet. How do I check that when im not connected to the internet? Also, it seems as if it fluctuates in ping, like one minute im at 1000 next minute im jumped up to 4k then it will lag for a while and finally start working again.

Was seeing these same issues while playing Everquest.  Large latency spikes frequently exceeding 7 seconds, and frequent disconnects.  The only time that they would decrease down to the normal .6-.8 sec range was very late at night (3-6am eastern).  This leads me to believe that the system is trying to handle too many connections at once and gets backlogged. 

@C0RR0SIVE EchoStar-XVII

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Can you run a WinMTR test while running the game, and again while NOT playing the game?  Would be ideal to get statistics ran for about 10 minutes on each test.  Please post your results here 

Blizzard: WinMTR HowTo

However, seeing as you are on the older Echostar-17 satellite, chances are during "peak hours" you are going to see latency issues, and potentially disconnects in Battle.net games depending on your beam and gateway.

I will note though, that even on Echostar-19, as of late, I have seen an increase in latency for Diablo III that I used to not see.

I would do that but im not sure which host to put in the box? 

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

it wont let me post my results 😕

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

levamentum,

I'm not familiar with what the results look like, but you should be able to copy and paste the text into a reply.  Or, if the results aren't very long, you could even take a snapshot of them and post that in here, like posting a picure using the "Photos" option, which is an option in the ribbon above the message body while replying.  

Can someone please tell me how to file a complaint. I thought AT&T was the worst company in the world until HughesNet. I am paying for the fastest and largest plan they offer and cannot stream a movie, even in SD!! Speeds seem to start dropping around 3:30 pm and will go as low as less than 1G!! Have been calling about the problem for 3 months, has been escalated to their highest level and still NO resolution. All I get are excuses about how more people are using internet on the weekends and in the evenings. That does not give them the right to provide me with subpar service- I am not getting what I am paying for and am ready to contact the Fed CC as I have seen others are threatening to do, Clearly I am not the only customer having this issue.
GabeU

@miscarlett

To keep this thread centered on the OP's issue, and to keep your own issue(s) separate, please start a new topic to receive assistance, which you can do by clicking on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right while within the Tech Support section.  

my hughesnet h1101 keeps shutting off?

GabeU

It's actually shutting off, or are you losing internet?  If the latter, when it happens, what is the state code you see on the page indicated by Corrosive?  

http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/summary

Also, what is your Beam ID in the Satellite box on the following page...  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/information  The reason I ask this is to check the weather at your gateway location.  

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Shutting off? Is the power light turning red? Where is the modem located? Does it have good air flow?

Your statement is a bit broad and confusing.

also this Diagnostic Code: 0000-0000-0000-0005

Satellite NameEchoStar-XVII
Gateway ID10
Beam ID60
Outroute ID16

i got diagnostic code 0000-0000-0000-0049

its not shutting off i guess it jus keeps restarting. idk how to check the weather where my gateway is 😕

GabeU

Your gateway is in Englewood, CO, but right now it looks like it's clear there.  

I don't have any access to anything regarding diagnostic codes, but the State Code might tell me something.  The state code is on the page listed by Corrosive and myself.   

If you know how to post a picture, it might help to post a picture of the following page, which will show all of the state codes since you last booted the modem.  

http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/state_code/state_code_monitor

If you do post a picure of that page, make sure to edit out your SAN at the top of the page (the number starting with DSS), as that's your account number, which shouldn't be posted.  

Edit:  If you do not know how to post a picture of that page, you can write the top five State Codes shown.  

Well it shows nothing in the state codes, always 0/0/0 fully operational but my slow download speed and latency flucuation proves otherwise.