Insane latency over the last week

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
levamentum
Freshman

Insane latency over the last week

Hi there, im using gen 5 sat and ive been able to succesfully play World of Warcraft over the past 6 months with around 500-600 latency, no big deal. But over the course of the last week ive been getting 1500-7000 latency and disconnections. What has changed this since last month when it was working swell?

58 REPLIES 58

An update of my state codes
State Code Transitions Total Duration(s) Start Time End Time Terminal Downtime
12.1.12 2 1020 12/18/2017 02:26:23 12/18/2017 02:29:23 0.6076%
12.7.1 4 232 12/18/2017 05:11:53 12/18/2017 05:12:50 0.1382%
13.1.1 5 65 12/18/2017 05:18:05 12/18/2017 05:18:15 0.0387%
21.1.4 8 111 12/18/2017 05:15:20 12/18/2017 05:15:33 0.0661%
21.1.5 9 217 12/18/2017 05:15:33 12/18/2017 05:16:00 0.1293%
21.2.1 8 100 12/18/2017 05:17:31 12/18/2017 05:17:44 0.0596%
21.2.2 8 147 12/18/2017 05:17:44 12/18/2017 05:18:05 0.0876%
23.1.4 3 135 12/18/2017 05:12:50 12/18/2017 05:13:36 0.0804%

Well a weird update, when im using the house phone the whole time its being used the internet speeds are working correctly and im getting a accurate latency. The moment the phone is hung up i start experiene lags and really spotty internet service again. What could this possibly mean???

Yes I use Hughes for my phone service. Cordless

I really wish this could all get straightend out, it seems like a lot of people are having transmit errors and the same kind of spotty service im receiving. I jus wanna be able to use my internet i pay good money for like i have been in the past. I love you guys you are the only ones that get service out where i am which is great i just wish we could figure out these complications.

Hi levamentum,

That's understandable, we do too. Engineering is investigating and I'll let you know once I have any news or instructions for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

@levamentum wrote:

Well a weird update, when im using the house phone the whole time its being used the internet speeds are working correctly and im getting a accurate latency. The moment the phone is hung up i start experiene lags and really spotty internet service again. What could this possibly mean???

Hi, 

I'm very curious about this, I'd like to get more details about it. Before using the HughesNet Voice service, what exactly are you attempting to do online?

Are you doing general web browsing? So once you make a call on HughesNet Voice, are you saying that you're able to do general web browsing, visiting various websites with no issue?

You also mention having spotty internet, does that mean you're losing connection completely right before using HughesNet Voice? Also, when the call is active, do you mean that you maintain a stable internet connection only during this time?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

So for instance, if im not on the phone pages will load slowly or time out and videos wont stream without constant stop and loading even when streaming in the poorist quality as well as extreme latency that i wasnt getting til bout 2 weeks ago. So if im using the phone the internet works fast and effeciently. I can also play my game with the latency at where it normally has been. So its like my phone draws a more stable connection to the whole system when im using it.

Good morning levamentum,

Thank you for the clarification! Once I have any updates, I'll let you know.

Another update, sometimes the when the internet is having hiccups the phone will not work properly and no one can understand me.

Hi levamentum,

Thank you for this update. That would be expected, as the HughesNet Voice service relies on the HughesNet internet to function. Generally when a HughesNet Voice customer has a VOIP performance concern, we must check the internet and troubleshoot that if needed before tackling the phone service.

Its been quite some time, i was wondering what you guys were doing about it if anything?

Hi levamentum,

Thanks for checking in. Our engineers have recently implemented some changes to address transmission-related concerns, primarily the 23.1.1 and 23.1.4 codes. However I'm not sure if this also applies to Gen 4 sites. Have you seen any improvement since last week?

no improvements yet 😕

Thank you for letting me know, I'll inquire about Gen 4 sites.

Hi again, the adjustments were only for sites in the EchoStar 19 footprint, you're under 17.

However, I reviewed your thread again for any other insight, and I wanted to confirm whether you tested the connection while directly connected to a wall outlet. Gabe suggested weeks ago to try bypassing any power strip or surge protector and plug the modem directly into a wall outlet, but I didn't see any explicit confirmation that this was dont. Please let me know how that goes and don't reboot the modem so we can review the state codes during that time.

Please also be descriptive of any "hiccups" you encounter. What were you trying to do? What was happening instead? Which modem LEDs are lit? What state code do you get at that time?

im not getting any weird led patterns that all has been good. i tried to do the wall outlet thing when he suggested it but it made no difference in the performance. the hiccups was reffereing to latency being really good and really bad