Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insane latency over the last week

Freshman

Re: Insane latency over the last week

any idea on whats causing the events?

Assistant Professor

Not a clue. The fact that the last 4 digits in the diagnostic code was 0005 means the modem thinks it's ok. You'd usually only see that if the modem spontaneously rebooted, but if it did that the other events would have been erased, so...

Possibilities are there was either a severe rainstorm or cloud cover blocking the dish from the satellite, a tree or some other foliage blew into the path and was blocking the dish, or the beam/gateway had a spurious outage during that 14'. If not any of those things, I'd almost say there's something intermittent with either the modem, the radio in the dish, or the cable that connects the two.

Edit: Add the possibility of a gust of wind possibly blowing an improperly mounted dish temporarily out, then back into alignment. I've heard of weirder things.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Freshman

I could see how that could be someone's problem but I don't think it's mine. The sat is in clear view of the sky, this has been happening for over a week now of up and down speeds and disconnects and I've tried everything!

Good morning levamentum,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. To begin addressing your concerns, I've run remote diagnostics on your site. At first glance all diagnostics look fine. In digging deeper into your state code history, I am seeing state codes relating to transmission, so please let us investigate this further. I'll post back once we have any questions or news for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Awesome I really appreciate the help, been with you guys for 2 years and never a problem like this i dont know if my setup is becoming faulty because of how long i had it or something on your end.

You're welcome. As Gabe suggested a few posts ago, regarding the modem restarts, please ensure that the power cable is secured to the back of the modem, in the power brick, and in the power outlet, as a loose connection can result in the modem restarting.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Everything is plugged in ive checked all the connections. last night was probably the worst of it like 10 mins of downtime. Steady getting transmit errors and uplink error.

Freshman

for the most part the modem restarts have stopped but when the internet goes down all the lights on the modem are still all on but they stop blinking and become solid.

OK thank you for the confirmation, we'll continue to investigate.

Thanks,
Liz

Freshman

Awesome, let me know if you guys find anything out or if you need me to run any tests i am more than willing to help! I jus want to be able to cruise on the internet and play my games again Smiley Tongue