cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insane latency over the last week

Re: Insane latency over the last week

Good morning levamentum,

Thank you for the clarification! Once I have any updates, I'll let you know.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Another update, sometimes the when the internet is having hiccups the phone will not work properly and no one can understand me.

Hi levamentum,

Thank you for this update. That would be expected, as the HughesNet Voice service relies on the HughesNet internet to function. Generally when a HughesNet Voice customer has a VOIP performance concern, we must check the internet and troubleshoot that if needed before tackling the phone service.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Its been quite some time, i was wondering what you guys were doing about it if anything?

Hi levamentum,

Thanks for checking in. Our engineers have recently implemented some changes to address transmission-related concerns, primarily the 23.1.1 and 23.1.4 codes. However I'm not sure if this also applies to Gen 4 sites. Have you seen any improvement since last week?

Thanks,
Liz

Freshman

no improvements yet :/

Thank you for letting me know, I'll inquire about Gen 4 sites.

Thanks,
Liz

Hi again, the adjustments were only for sites in the EchoStar 19 footprint, you're under 17.

However, I reviewed your thread again for any other insight, and I wanted to confirm whether you tested the connection while directly connected to a wall outlet. Gabe suggested weeks ago to try bypassing any power strip or surge protector and plug the modem directly into a wall outlet, but I didn't see any explicit confirmation that this was dont. Please let me know how that goes and don't reboot the modem so we can review the state codes during that time.

Please also be descriptive of any "hiccups" you encounter. What were you trying to do? What was happening instead? Which modem LEDs are lit? What state code do you get at that time?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Freshman

im not getting any weird led patterns that all has been good. i tried to do the wall outlet thing when he suggested it but it made no difference in the performance. the hiccups was reffereing to latency being really good and really bad