cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Problem with the lack of system grounding.

Re: Installation Problem with the lack of system grounding.

Is this going to be the same company that was here last week?

Amanda , i went and checked my dish and have two coaxes but ones cut one is connected , but grounding does not start until under the  dish retaining bracket. the radio not grounded in any form as shown just loose wire  never ever connected, but not to complain , my system is working good   but if any thing goes i 'll holler !!!   LOL     ESN        B30010524244-A3       if interested  !!  as i was saying mine is working good  !!!!

Thomas,

This answer really depends on your location. Some are a separate company, some are installers from the same company. What it seems like in your case is that it will be the same people who installed your equipment (if they are still around or servicing your area). If professionalism or quality of work is an issue, we can be extra careful here and keep in touch along the way.

Amanda

Thanks for the heads up Christopher, I will take a look. If you have a cut off cable did you previously have an HN9000 or HN7000? Those used 2 coax cables before, when the new HT1100's use only 1 coaxial.

Amanda

Mine is the same Christopher. But I think they put a ground wire to the water line at the house(?). There's a green wire much like the one above in the photo at the house.  Everything seems fine here also, though it had me looking as well!

Thanks Amanda.. you explained that! Yup, was on the HN9000 before.
Highlighted

Ok. I will just keep fingers crossed. 

Thank you for the help. 
Assistant Professor

FireFoxxy, a copper/steel water pipe is an acceptable ground as long as it leads to the main water line ground.

Amanda,  you just replaced my HT1000  for a HT1100 , i know a lot of water under the bridge in just a few days   and hard to remember from one day till the next  will all the customers you tend to !!!!        I just checked  did have    HN9000   before !!!

It does!  Smiley Happy  Its on the main line in with a water faucet junction at the wall there.   The cable line comes into the house there just this side of it. 
This thread just made me curious to go look and see,lol! 
Honorary Alumnus

Christopher,
DW6000, HN7000s, HN9000 systems use two cables. One for receive and another for transmit.
True Gen$4 systems multiplex the signals within a single conductor.

I too, coming from a 7000 system have a "spare" if you will. Its not a problem.

Amanda, Smiley Happy
Didn't mean to create a "Firestorm" but ... so much depends on a quality installation.