cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Problem with the lack of system grounding.

Re: Installation Problem with the lack of system grounding.

FireFoxxy i wonder if this means we have been customers for a long period of time or what ????  HEE !!  HEE  !! 

i have several, Gwalk900   The1000 is the only one they ever wanted back , the installers always just left the others  modems wires and all dishes included , radios and the whole systems ,  LOL !!   you need one to play with ,  thought about it a few times !!!    but food for thought            if one uses two coaxes and another uses one coax,      i know one is up and the other one for the down-link    how is it possible for that same coax dual,   cut back to one  , function or intergrated into one for up and down-links !!!!
Advanced Tutor

Gwalk900,

I hope you don't mind me butting in here. I had an issue with my cable about 2 yrs ago, Amanda could check I know it was recorded. To the point. The cable maker said that there is a big difference in the cable for the HN9000 & the ht1100. They said the old cable did not carry the signal correctly. If this is true I don't know. Just what I was told.

Reggie, !! it's not butting in  , it is call joining in , and food for thought !!!
Advanced Tutor

Christopher,
Thank you.

Maybe Amanda could check tomorrow & post if there is a difference. in the two cables.

I would like to know the difference in the cables. I know the cable used during the dish re install wasn't  the same cable as the original install. The cable used on the
re install didn't have the ground wire attached and looked like normal TV cable. It might be right but I just do not know. 

Thomas, i do not know ! but do know i prefer a ground and coax together  if for nothing more than strength in case of ice storms and wind storms !!!
Assistant Professor

There are letters/numbers every foot on the cable in white letters. If you can get them or a pic we may be able to tell exactly what you have and if up to specs. I believe the minimum required for Gen4 is 3GHz rating.

Reggie , it is food for thought !!  that's for sure !!!

sgoshe  will check mine in the morning  but mine just maybe so old  they mat no longer be there , but will ckeck to see ,   and thanks  !!!