maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Intermittant loss of service

We're coming for you, @GabeU Smiley Wink

hamradio
Senior

New Update - Strange one

Lost Hnet again from about 8PM EST until about 8:30PM.  What was weird is that the modem checked all good.  The "Connectivity Test" said all was well also.   However web site requests, and even pings failed.  Wondered if it was a DNS issue, but flushing DNS did not help.

I then did a modem power-down reset.  When It finished booting, I had connectivity.   Don't know if renewed conectivity was a matter of passing time or if the restart fixed it.  ?????

Woody

@GabeU 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@hamradio 

I wonder if the power cycle putting it on a new beam channel helped.  Though not yet with what's going on now, I've had times where my connection has gone goofy, even with the stats still looking good, and a power cycle has helped.  

Or maybe around 8PM your modem took at look at the system and said, "Okay, that's it!  I'm taking a break."  Smiley Tongue  J/K!  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
hamradio
Senior

Considering that so many things I own "act up", it must be the latter Smiley Wink

Thanks for the reply...

hamradio
Senior

Happy to report that for the past few days, have experienced only one 5 minute outage.  Modem thought all was well.  A modem power-down restored connectivity.

Woody

Tags (1)
hamradio
Senior

Well, I spoke too soon.   Now loosing connection one or more times per day.   So far a power-down modem reset restores the connection, but this is a pain-in-the-butt method for maintaining Hnet connections.   ...The modem typically thinks all is well, but no connection - Ping can't find a site.

If it is the gateway...  Any reports on how much longer the (apparent) SDO gateway will be having problems?

Thanks,  Woody

Tags (1)
hamradio
Senior

Connection was pretty decent most of Monday 4-13, on the fast side.  When I tried to get online after having been away for dinner (~8 PM EST), Hnet was gone yet again, while the modem was quite happy, thinking all was OK.  A power-down reset got me back online.

Any developments about this problem?

Woody

@GabeU 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@hamradio 

I'm not really sure of any updates.  And, to be honest, I'm surprised that a rep hasn't yet replied.

Hopefully one will soon.

That a power cycle restores the service each time, or at least the last three times, is interesting.  Don't get me wrong, I know that a power cycle can often do this, but that it keeps happening is what's odd.  

@Liz @Damian

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Damian

@hamradio,

It appears beam 68 on Echostar 19 is still experiencing degradation with no immediate relief available. I understand this is inconvenient but the best we can do is wait for this to be fixed for all. Engineering is still working hard on this issue, as we are receiving many reports of this. I will continue to check daily for an update and will post here once available.  

-Damian 

hamradio
Senior

Damian,

Thanks for the info.  I hope they can get if fixed before too long.  I have lost track, but it seems to have been a couple of weeks or more since the issue appeared.

Woody

@Damian