I have been having intermittent disconnects for the last several weeks. I didn't think much of it until a few days ago and it really began to bother me. I called for tech support and they seemed to think I was having slow browsing speeds and didn't listen to what I had to say. My Case ID is 108175939 for that service call.
I have been monitoring my system via the Systems Control Center and have see that I have had quite a few Uplink errors, I have added pictures of some of the errors and with the state codes I have been seeing. It isn't so bad now as I just started using my computer, it tends to be almost all red if I am on for a prolonged period of time. As you can see in the second picture 5AM was all red, noone in my household was awake or even using any devices at that time this morning.
It doesn't matter if we have the modem connected via the router or straight into a PC, it has uplink problems regardless. I have tested both scenarios, I disconnected my router and hooked my PC directly to my modem for a 3 hour span and did what I normally do on my computer and it had the same effect as if it was connected via the router.
I do play Online Games, but being as I have done so since I got this service in June of 2015, and this is the first time having these issues, I do not beleive that to be the cause.
Still having issues, here is the newest information since I got on my computer this morning about a half hour ago.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many things can cause these errors, to include dish alignment and poor cabling, which would require a skilled technician to remedy. However, it's also possible that a quick inspection of the dish can show where the problem is.
Tree limbs around the dish that appear to be out of the way may actually be reflecting stray signals back onto the dish. These then cause standing waves that the modem interprets as transmission errors.
Generally, the dish should be clear of any foliage within 45 degrees in any direction. Pay particular attention to any branches that may be blowing into that area, which could possibly cause intermittent problems.
In the fall and winter you might also want to inspect the dish to see if there are any fallen leaves or ice stuck to it. These will reduce the reflective nature of the dish, possibly causing additional transmission (and reception) errors.
As well, cables and connections may become brittle or loose with frequent weather changes. So you may also want to see if the connectors are finger-tight and the cabling isn't cracked or weathered to the point where coax shield wire is showing through.
Some error codes (e.g., 12.1.19) stem from the modem's sensitivity to power levels. You may want to inspect the routing of the power cable to make sure the DIN plug in the back of the modem is firmly seated, as well as at the wall and at the power brick.
If those are fine, make sure that the modem's power cord is plugged directly into a wall socket and the wall socket is on a circuit intended for lights. Use on the same curcuit as heavy-use items (e.g., air conditioners/heaters, washers/dryers, ovens, etc.) will cause power drops that may contribute to modem errors. Powering the modem though a surge protector may likewise cause power levels to drop and is therefore not recommended.
I appreciate you providing such thorough information. Our diagnostic report shows that while your HughesNet equipment itself is working well, there seems to be some communication problem to our network. I will be providing your acccount to our network engineers to investigate and will provide updates as I receive them. You do not need to run any other tests in the meantime, unless you would like them for your own record.
Happy New Year,
I had hoped for a solution by now, but I figured that with Christmas and New Years looming, there were probably many people on holiday/vacation. I figure it iss time to see if anything new has been found out about my issues, now that the holidays have passed.
Any new developments on this? I hope to hear from you soon.
Just checking to see if there has been any news on a fix for my issues. It is still occuring quite regularly. I was hoping there would have been a fix by now, since it has been a couple weeks. Here are a couple pictures of my system today:
I believe the bottom 2 state codes are because we hit our cap and it reset this morning, but the rest all have to do with my connectivity issues if I recall.
I apologize for the lack of updates. We're having a meeting with some of our engineers today and I will bring this up and get back to you today.
I just got out of the meeting and learned that there is a current fix in the works for this, it is a known issue. In the meantime, depending on how long this would take to be implemented (might be sooner than I am assuming), I may be able to have it fixed faster with another method. I am waiting on confirmation and will let you know the details soon, most likely tomorrow. I'll still stop by and let you know if I heard anything or not so I don't leave you hanging
Edit: Shortly after writing this I received an e-mail. An engineer has made some adjustments to your equipment. He will be actively monitoring it, but if you have any issues please let me know.