Hughesnet Community

Intermittent System Outage, Little help from customer support. All out of ideas!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Is_My_Name
Sophomore

Intermittent System Outage, Little help from customer support. All out of ideas!

(HT1100)

For a few weeks now I have been periodically losing service, and it seems to be becoming more frequent as time goes on. At this point in time I am dropping connection about once every 15 minutes, each time lasting for a minute or so. Just enough time to close all open connections I have.. a real headache.

I have called customer support a few times, each time being told to call back when the problem is happening. Since the issue seems to go away after a short time, this is not really feasable. Rebooting the modem does nothing to help the issue. I have taken my router out of service (I do not use it anymore anyway) and have my computer connected directly to the modem. I have tried different ethernet cables. I dug out my old linux laptop and used it instead of my desktop with no change.

When the service goes out I can still access the System Control Center, which will have a red square next to system status. Connectivity tests show 100% loss, but goes back to 0% when service continues. (As I type this, the issue reappeared, giving me an state code of 23.1.4).

The following state codes appear in the SCC: 13.2.2, 13.2.3, 21.1.4, 21.1.5, 23.1.4, 30.1.1.. 13.1.1 is also there, but it seems typical when the computer is off. The hourly history under the diagnostic codes shows a red X for Association about every other hour.

When the system goes through one of its spells, the system light on the front of the modem turns off, but the rest of the lights are on, although solid and not blinking as usual. Between outages the service is as good as ever, which is what is puzzling to me. My reveive signal strength is currently reading 108 with an overcast sky. 

I have done everything I can think to troubleshoot the issue myself, and tech support seems to be unable to assist since I cannot recreate the issue during a phone call.

My current guess is an issue with the modem. I tried recreating the issue by moving it around to see if anything is loose, but this did not cause anything abnormal. It has plenty of ventilation and is barely warm to the touch. I checked the cable going outside for any damage and it is in good shape all the way to the dish.

Those are all the details I can think to give. Anyone have any ideas? I would surely appreciate it since I'm losing my mind not being able to figure this out!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Matt,

Thank you again for your patience. After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Monday, May 1, 2017 between 8:00 AM-11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #103748888 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14