Intermittent System Outage returns.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Is_My_Name
Sophomore

Intermittent System Outage returns.

I am creating a new topic since I marked the last one as having a solution.. My previous topic still has the same information, but I will give a new consolidated version of what is happening and the steps which have been taken to resolve them.

I admit I was too quick to mark the thread as solved, and should have waited for the weather to clear up. Lately the weather has been great around here, and weather around the gateway (Albuquerque NM) does not seem to have an effect either. I waited two weeks to allow things to settle in, and the issue exists the same as before.

The issue:

• The system goes offline once every 10 - 15 minutes. The outage usually lasts between one minute and five minutes.
  • An identical sequence of events happens every outage. First the system light on the modem goes off. When the system light comes back on the LAN light will then go off. Once the LAN light comes back on service is back to normal. The duration of the system light being out seems to vary, and the amount of time the LAN light is out is pretty constant at 10 or so seconds.
  • Every outage is shown as the terminal being disassociated from the gateway. The log entries state that this was caused due to the terminal missing keep-alive messages. Example from the logs: "ASSOC: Terminal Dis-Associated Reason=IPGW 'ALB23HNSIGW72A003' not reachable - missed keep alive messages"
  • Sometimes shows TCP acceleration is down or in a degraded state before the system light goes out.

The logs show that this occurs even when signal quality is good. From the recent history I can see that it has occured between 109 and 115 SQF. 

Steps taken:

By me

• Removed router from the network. The PC is connected directly to the modem.
  • Attempted using a different computer. In addition to the Windows PC I tried with a Linux laptop, and a second Windows Laptop. All of which were directly connected to the modem, and the issue persists.
  • Used different ethernet cables. I even cut a section of CAT 6 Mohawk out of a box I was given and put new connectors on it. Although that was mainly to see if I could remember how to do it.

By Hughesnet

• Sent a tech out to my house.
    • New modem
    • New outside radio
    • Realigned dish
    • Replaced coaxial connector at the ground block which had water infiltration.

I am not sure what else can be done. I have been noticing more topics about this issue showing up in the tech support forum.

Beam ID23
Outroute ID39
Gateway ID2

I know it's a long shot, but can anyone with these IDs confirm that their service is working normally?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning folks,

Just received an update that the network adjustments to address this concern have been implemented. Please let me know if the intermittent connectivity persists for you today.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26