Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection problems

Re: Intermittent connection problems

I don't know how to get here....

Honorary Alumnus

open the modems SCC by entering 192.168.0.1 into a browser. That will open the SCC main page:

Then click on the faint grey "I" icon marked as #3 above, that will open the first advanced page:

On the menu on the left, click GENERAL, then click STATE CODE MONITOR

Mine only goes General, Status,  then State code on page :  State code: 25(Terminal is fully operational)
Honorary Alumnus

Look at the underlined menu on the left side of the above screenshot.

NOPE!  Doesn't exist for me....

Chris,

So, now I seem to be having issues with only Facebook, outlook mail, hughesnet community, and some other pages that I frequent.  When I get a "page can't display" on either Google Chrome of Explorer.....if I go to a page a rarely visit.....I get connected.....What is this!!!!?????

And, it DOES NOT HAPPEN if I am connected to my Verizon wireless mifi on the the same computer!  So, it isn't my computer!  And, this also happens when connected to hughesnet on my ipad or iPhone!
Alum

Hi michelle,

When you received your replacement modem did you swap the power supply as well? All diagnostics point to a problem with your equipment. Switch out your Ethernet cables as well.

- Chris

Yes Chris, I switched out everything......so, are you still seeing a diagnostic issue with my equipment?
Alum

Hi Michelle,

One last thing to try is to run a virus/malware scan, check for extensions or plugins installed on your browser and also perform a tune up to your computer. Since satellite internet has higher latency than other ground based ISP's, malware and other intrusive software has a bigger affect on connection to high content multimedia websites. So for example, connecting to a Comcast cable connection with a infected computer will mostly continue to work but on a satellite based connection these programs working in the background can adversely affect connection and timeouts. I would also look into using a ad-blocker extension on a browser like Chrome, Firefox, etc. 

For your phones and tablets. Try using less apps all at once. Typically not all apps close until you force close them. While open they continue to access the internet. Let me know if any of these suggestions changes your circumstance.

- Chris