Intermittent connectivity, 12.1.9 and many other state codes :-(

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mommabird
Freshman

Intermittent connectivity, 12.1.9 and many other state codes :-(

For three weeks, we've had random drops in connectivity - ranging from all good to NO connectivity.  Most common state code is 12.1.9, but also have received 12.7.2 or 21.2.1 or 12.2.2.  At one time saw a diagnostic code of a bunch of zeroes followed by 49.  Sometimes restarting the modem helps, but not always, and only for a short time, even in perfect weather.

Our dish is mounted on our roof.  We had a big snowfall just before this happened, and at first I thought that snow sliding off the roof may have bumped the dish enough to have it off-target.  But not sure considering the above diagnostics?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Amanda

Hi there Mommabird!

It looks like over the past few months the antenna has steadily gone out of alignment, or the line of sight has degraded. I see from the last visit that the line of sight is adequate but I can see how some growth on the tree would impact the service. Generally, leaf or plant growth shows itself by a declining signal over time - exactly what I see on my end. I can send a technician out, but in the next year or so it may happen again. I recommend having the tree trimmed.. or the way my mother used to do it - a rope hugging the branch(es) and tilting them away 🙂

The site visit will be free of charge and someone will contact you to confirm the visit date and time.

Thanks,

Amanda

View solution in original post

Thank you!  I will wait to hear from someone!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12