cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent download speeds

New Poster

Re: Intermittent download speeds

You might want to check and see if there is a firmware update for your router, personally I use an Asus RT-AC68U, running Merlin 3rd party firmware there are others here that use Asus routers also.

Asus Routers Work pretty great. Belkin is pretty good too (I think)
Assistant Professor

Hey Charles, you sure have been scarce lately. I'm on 378.56_beta2 and running well.
Assistant Professor

I lose nothing with a HughesNet connection on my Asus router. The modem will never keep up with it. Have to realize the best throughput on HughesNet is maybe 50 Mbps and most never see that. The router laughs at that.
New Poster

Wife has had me making up for my down time from surgery with honey do's but Im finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, praying for snow so I can stay inside and play online, lol. I guess I need to update my FW

YEOW..............thanks all(I think).............lmao, I did ask.........:0

My routers laugh too, it makes me sad. The reason behind getting a better router was to get better signal. I know that even my 10year old router can work with hughesnet no problem. But those new routers have some pretty awesome wireless range.
Assistant Professor

TMI ?    Smiley Happy
New Poster

I bought my Asus because its dual WAN
Assistant Professor

Yep, my laptop is on 5Ghz and wife's tablet is on 2.4, we do what we want.

Even though my printer is 2.4 and I'm on 5, able to connect to it just fine and print. Wonderful !