cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent download speeds

Re: Intermittent download speeds

Smiley Happy.........just a tad..........

NUTZ.....................All right, my speed has crashed and I'm still hardwired???????????

Testy.net
Assistant Professor

Are you plugged directly into the modem? You have some very good speeds and some pretty bad. Thing is, if you have 500 kps speeds every night for hours, then that is a problem. I did myself for a couple months and they fixed it. Have to run lots of tests to prove your case.

Slow speed during peak time happens to all of us. Have to record more than an hour of slow speed.

Best test believe it or not if you have an Ht1000 or HT1100 modem. Is not recorded anywhere though so have to take snips/screenshots.

http://www.att.com/speedtest/ 

I understand but here's part of a response from Liz........

Liz, Official Rep

• 4464 Posts
  •  
Good morning tw,

Thank you for the speed test results. Different speed tests have varying ways to determine speeds; it's a complex system behind it, so we only accept our speed tests and testmy.net speed tests. 

New Poster

Yep mine is the same way, printer is on the 2.4 and Im on the 5Ghz but they connect great

OK..................Vicious circle......vid's are buffeting, trying to speedtest on hughes.net, say's I have an out of date java file(just updated?), try to update but tells me it being blocked or just hangs(tried three different browser's:Firefox, safari and Google)..............testmy.net says 16+Mbps but vid's still buffeting??

Any hints??

ps. computer is hardwired to modem

Still cannot access Hugh.net speed test for the same reasons mentioned above. Computer is directly wired to modem. TM.n took forever(2-5minutes) to load the tests. The results were disappointing in that I'm paying 4 times as much for the same service I had before! I'm trying to be reasonable but sheesh................For the last 30 hrs I've burnt 1.5gb's on speed tests. I'm not asking for additional time..............just what I was led to believe would be the level of service for the money I'm paying.
Honorary Alumnus

Keyword: Hurricane

Question: where is your gateway located ?