cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent download speeds

Re: Intermittent download speeds

Hi tw,

Thank you for the latest speed test results, I'll go ahead and escalate your case to our engineers. 

Gwalk, tw's gateway is in Amarillo, TX. I checked the historical weather data for it and it looks like there wasn't even rain over the weekend. We didn't get any reports of any service outages or degradation for that gateway either, so I'm ruling that out in this case. I'll let our engineers take it from here. 

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

ty Liz...........it's very much appreciated

ty gwalk

ran speed test(TM.n) 18. something as of 3:12p

I think I discovered why I am using so much DA without even trying.............uploading.........?? To hughes.net!! I've used 3.5gb's in the last 48 hours. In checking the usage, I see where a lot of data was uploaded at the clip of 125+mbps an hour. The only uploading I've done is an email 2 hrs ago. The rest was communicating with hughes.net community!! Is there something I'm missing!! Or, is there a way to determine how the data is being used?

Downloading Glasswire is SUPER useful for determining what is using data. You need to install it on each device that connects to your wifi. But it is AWESOME.https://www.glasswire.com

FYI..............glassware is not available for mac's

tw

As the wars continue..............as of 7:55p I've lost another 1.3gb's to uploading!? Thanks to another post by Brandon, I change FB setting and signed off Adobe CC. The strangest thing tho.............the usage history has quit working as of 4am this morning? So, I'm not sure where I'm losing DA, but.....

as the whole history of my hughes.net shows, as of the evening of 23rd I start experiencing uploads which are, as yet, of unknown origin. The only difference might be when I uploaded images to Adobe LR. Which was not suppose to effect my DA. As should be noted, the graph showing "upload data used" was zero until the 23rd.

Any hints?

tw

Hi tw,

I did see this morning a notice about some user tools being unavailable last night/early this morning, this could be why the usage history temporarily stopped working. This should have been resolved by now. Please let me know if you're still experiencing any abnormal behavior with the Status Meter.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi tw,

Also, your speed concerns should have been resolved by now (actually since Oct 29). Can you please confirm that all is well with your HughesNet performance?

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks Liz,

Still experiencing buffeting ion the evening but to be honest we've been trying to identify why we are using so much data for no more than what we're doing. Having a mac in lieu of a pc has been problematic..............as of now we have "0" DA. For some reason we lost over 1gb Monday night and again not sure why.

Will be going on assignment Nov 20th the same time the DA will renew.
WBB Nov 30 and will advise.

tw
Associate Professor

Bleh, personally I hate MAC...  Too cloudsy...

You may want to ask for assistance at the Mac Forums (not associated with Apple, it's third party) in the OS X - Operating Systems part of their forum.

http://www.mac-forums.com/os-x-operating-system/

A quick google search shows tons of hits on Mac computers with incredibly high data usage.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mac+computer+with+high+data+usage&oq=mac+computer+with+high+data...