cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent modem power connection

Freshman

Intermittent modem power connection

Our system went down last night - kept getting "server won't respond" messages or pages failing to load. Looked at the modem, the system light (second from the bottom) was off. Checked the connections to the modem, when I touch the DIN power connector all of the lights go off. Just wiggling the connector slightly causes the lights to come on or go away. I was able to position it so the lights stay on, but then it seemed to be in a mode that was continuously rebooting. Service never came back, went to bed, was back up this morning. How do you want to proceed?
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Intermittent modem power connection

Hi kashblack,

Thanks for posting. I ran diagnostics on your site just to make sure nothing else was wonky, and all looks good. I'll ship you another HT1100, please let me know if the connections are more secure on this new one. You can return your old modem in the same box, there should be a shipping label in the pouch on the outside.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Freshman

Thanks! - the connector feels secure physically, but is electrically intermittent. Hope this fixes it

Hmm, ok, well please keep me updated on the new modem!

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Freshman

Received the replacement modem, power connection is solid, wiggling does not result in system failing

Great! I also just double-checked your diagnostics and they look fine, nothing out of the ordinary. Thank you for the update!

Please let me know if you have additional concerns.

Thanks,
Liz