cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent outages at the same time of day, ONLY during Bonus Time

udanwudeligv
Junior

Intermittent outages at the same time of day, ONLY during Bonus Time

I'm wondering if other people are having this problem.
Several mornings in a row (starting Sat. Feb 4), I got up at 6:30am to download (because yes, internet company rules my sleep habits) and downloaded one item, and the internet goes down. Up and down, til I give up, but it comes back at 8:01, goes down for a  minute but always back up by 8:15ish. This has happened three out of the last 6 days (some days I didn't get up early or had other things to do). Same pattern.

So on Saturday, the first day it went down, I called HN customer service and for an hour and a half he ran me through the tests, sent me to a higher level of tech support who tried to re-register, blah blah and the guy gave up and said Nope, you need a service call.
10 min after I got off the phone with him it was back up! And it worked fine by 8:30 and never went down again, until the next morning, at 6:45am JUST AFTER I downloaded one thing, during bonus time. Same pattern.
So I complained on FB and someone responded, asking for a phone number where they could reach me, saying they would assign my case to someone and that person contacted me by FB messenger, but seems to be refusing to actually call me. Tried to boss me into just scheduling the appointment already.

My point of contention is that if there is a pattern to this, and it's the same pattern every day that I'm up early, then it's likely not on my end. Why would it be? We checked our dish for any damage-nothing.

Maybe I don't understand, but I really can't afford the $125 service call, especially if it's just them throttling the last few hours of bonus time. I need to be SURE that this is a problem on my end before I give in to their whim for $125. (And no, I don't pay for expedited repair because after 6 years that would have been $500.)

I know they are overloaded, take unlimited amounts of customers, keep adding new ones, and have to now throttle the heck out of people because everyone on the planet wants to stream netflix from 7-11pm, but it's getting ridiculous.  Bonus time is for downloading and I'll be darned if I'm going to get up at 3am to do that. Or pay $125 because they're doing something funny on their end.

But yeah back to the point-is anyone else's internet going down ONLY during late bonus time and coming back on when regular time starts?
3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Re: Intermittent outages at the same time of day, ONLY during Bonus Time

Hi udanwudeligv,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I pulled up your account to review your case notes and spoke with Miles; your assigned case manager will give you a call today.

I'll leave this thread open for anyone who can answer your last question.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

udanwudeligv
Junior

Thanks Liz, yes the case manager has helped me out. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced the same timing of outages.
Liz

Glad to hear that udanwudeligv!

I'll leave your thread open for the rest of this week to allow any fellow HughesNet subscribers to offer you their feedback.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.