cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Constantly Cutting Out

Sophomore

Re: Internet Constantly Cutting Out

Connected my laptop directly to the modem and encountered the same problems. 

Screenshot_8.pngI understand the FAP. But the uplink and RTT i don't.

@Liz

@Amanda

Good morning Jebarnette,

Thank you for this additional info. It would be better to troubleshoot when not subject to the Fair Access Policy. I've sent you some free tokens. Can you please use a token and let me know if the intermittent connectivity persists while directly connected to the modem and while not under the Fair Access Policy?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Good morning to you as well.

Under my token menu is it the bottom one "Pre-paid"

Screenshot_4.png

Associate Professor

Sophomore

Thanks, was just making sure. 

Sophomore

Screenshot_6.png

Still getting the uplink errors, which i assume are the primary reason that the services are cutting out. 

Sophomore

Screenshot_1.png

Uplink problems still occuring. 

Hi Jebarnette,

Thanks for checking. I've sent you a new complimentary HT2000w modem to swap with your current modem; it should arrive within 5 business days. Once you receive the modem, connect and power it on up to an hour so it will be activated automatically. Just in case something happens, I'd suggest activating it during business hours so that you can reach out to the community if you need help. 

You do not need to return the old modem. Please dispose the old modem properly according to your local waste management guidelines.

To check the status of your modem shipment, go to rmastatus.hughesnet.com, you can use your SAN and zip code to check.

Please let me know if you're still experiencing intermittent connectivity with this new modem.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Thank you again Liz for the help. 

For whatever reason if this doesn't fix the issue, i'll be sure to let you know. 

Thanks again. 

Spectator

My gen 5 is slow & cuts out all the time . Right now my download speed is 1.2 .comming from dallas & 1.3 comming from chi.