cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Works on Phone and Computer but Anything Bigger than That...forget it.

Highlighted

Internet Works on Phone and Computer but Anything Bigger than That...forget it.

We are two months from our contract expiring. Over the past two years our service has been slow but it has done it's job. We've alternated between speeds and have paid our bills on time. Suddenly, we cannot even get email accounts to load much less the Hughesnet website. We were able to online game with minimal issues, now we can barely get the PS4 to connect to the internet at all. We have upgraded routers even and nothing will load or work. Are they trying to screw us now that our contract will expire? You'd think given their terrible reputation they would want to keep customers. Suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Internet Works on Phone and Computer but Anything Bigger than That...forget it.

Have you tried hooking your computer directly to the modem, sans router? 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Re: Internet Works on Phone and Computer but Anything Bigger than That...forget it.

GabeU--Yes. It's ridiculously strange how terribly everything else is running but it still is perfect that way.
Mordacious-- We are green. Great all across the board allegedly. This is a new problem. I've rebooted everything, reset everything. We've got a pole based in ground satellite and I've checked it for any surface damages but I can't see anything out there either.
Highlighted
Junior

Hi bfry,
IF as you say "it still is perfect that way" then the problem is not with HN. The problem lies within either your network or your devices.
Since you have proven 1 computer connected directly, the next step would be to connect the same 1 computer to your router with the router connected to the modem.
Turn off the router's wifi so that nothing else interferes and check again.
Prove each device individually until you determine which device is causing your problem.

Don  Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Poster

Are you running antivirus? if you are try disabling it to see if you can check your email and get to Hughesnets website, also try clearing your browsers history and delete your cookies
Highlighted

Good morning bfry707_2011,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! As I understand, if the internet is working normally when you're directly connected to the HughesNet modem, I would also suggest, as Don has, to investigate your network devices one by one. It would be best to connect the router alone first, if you notice any degradation, you may want to optimize your router settings so that there's no issue there.

For e-mail, can you access your HughesNet webmail while directly connected to the HughesNet router? If not, try Charles' advice and clear your browser cache and reboot your modem to see if that helps. For your reference, this is how you can clear your cache: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Hi bfry707_2011,

It's been almost two weeks since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.