cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet access keeps dropping out

Freshman

Internet access keeps dropping out

Been having issues for off and on for a couple weeks. It's been really bad the last couple days. I have to reboot the modem to get internet access back sometimes. Hourly history and current hour histoory has a red X on every hour or 5 minutes in uplink area. Signal strength has been 125-128 everytime I have checked. Last error code I beleive was 24.1.4. I had to reboot the router so the error cleared... Sometimes the service light is out on the modem. 

John

19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Internet access keeps dropping out

John, 

The following are a few things to try and/or make sure of....

If you have the modem plugged into a power strip or surge protector, please try plugging it directly in to an outlet to see if it makes any difference.  Also, please make sure that the power plug going into the back of the modem is not loose.  Please be careful with this plug, as it is delicate.  In addition, please make sure that the coax connector at the back of the modem is finger tight.  It doesn't need to be any tighter than this, but it shouldn't be loose.  

With this said, the reps will be the one to help you with this issue.  They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though it may take them a day or two to reply. 

Lastly, if you don't already, please be sure to leave your modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary. 

@Liz

@Amanda 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

hneterrors.png

Freshman

Here it is this morning....

20180205morn.png20180205hour.png

lost internet 4 times trying to edit this....

Freshman

Oh,

I checked connections and plugged the modem into my battery backup last night. NO way is there a power issue now.

John

Senior Instructor

Actually, depending upon the voltage level your backup provides, it very well could be a problem. The modem and the dish transceiver (which is provided power by the modem) are very sensitive to voltage and power levels even if an inverter is involved.

As an aside, please also edit your images to remove the SAN/Acct# to avoid possible identity theft.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Freshman

We need to move beyond that my outlets are the problem....

Senior Instructor

Not saying they are/aren't. Just saying changing to a battery backup just complicates solving the problem by adding a new variable.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
New Poster

We are having the same problem for the last 4-5 days. Just spent 30 minutes on phone for help only to be told it was because of snow in Montana. When i asked about getting someone to come out to look at the problem, i was told it would do no good because everything was working perfectly and the weather was causing the problem. Funny to me that it snows all the time in Montana and we are just now having this problem after being hooked up for one and a half years. 

Highlighted
Freshman

diag.pngdown.png