Internet connection issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dust
New Poster

Internet connection issues

We are having issues using our internet. Everything keeps telling us to check our internet connection. We have turned off the router and turned it back on. It has been a hit and miss. We had light rain this evening but no luck getting connection.
7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Dust

If you are able to get to this page, do you see a State Code listed (other than 0.0.0) in the System Summary box at the top?  If so, what is it? 

What is the Satellite Receive Signal Strength listed in the Wan Info box on the bottom left?  

Also, are both boxes (System Status and System Information) at the top of the page green?  

No other number listed just the 0.0.0
Signal strength is at 106
Everything is green
GabeU

@Dust

Is this something that just started today?  

Are you able to get online at present?  If not, do you have another device to try, and possibly one that connects differently than the one you're presently using (WiFi vs Ethernet)?  Or, is it happening no matter what device and connection method you try?  

Bad weather at your gateway can affect your service in the same way as weather at your own location.  It's possible that this is the cause, though when this happens it usually shows as an issue in the form of a State Code.    

It’s not just today. We tried on our tv to stream Netflix and it just sits at 24% and doesn’t go anywhere. Sometimes it just tells us to retry later or set up internet connection. Our apps on our phones don’t even load either. Would a WiFi booster help maybe? The router is in the next room from the tv.
GabeU

@Dust

I don't really know.  A rep might be able to see, when running remote diagnostics, if the connection to your devices is weak, as this could certainly cause issues.  If you have the HughesNet mobile app it has a WiFi signal strength test, which may help to see what kind of signal you're getting at various points throughout your home, including where your TV is, though I find it to be a bit limited in the information it gives.  You can download the mobile app through Google Play or the App Store.  

Also, if you're trying to stream in anything higher than 480p, make sure to snooze, or turn off, the Video Data Saver or you'll see a lot of buffering.  Keep in mind, though, that streaming is a very data intensive activity, especially when done in HD.  

The reps can probably give you a little more in depth info as to what may be going on (WiFi signal and such).  If you don't already, please make sure to leave your modem plugged in so that they can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though they're on a bit later than that once in a while.  It can sometimes take them a day or two to reply, but they're often pretty quick.  🙂  

@Liz

@Amanda

@Brooke

Hi Dust, welcome to the community and thanks for posting! Upon pulling up your account and running a diagnostic, everything looks great except for the Roku Stick. Our diagnostics show a good signal on all devices, but the Roku's connectivity health is poor; this may be what's causing the buffering issues. I pulled up a website that may be helpful with your Roku; you can take a look at here. Speed-wise, our results looked good, so no issues with there. 

For your other devices, I've made some adjustments to your modem that should help with performance. This can take a few hours before any noticeable changes occur, but please let me know if the issues persist. 

-Brooke

Hi Dust, I haven't heard back from you so I hope all is well. I'll be closing this thread due to inactivity, but feel free to start a new thread if you have any other questions or concerns you'd like us to address!

Thank you. 

-Brooke