cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SundevilGorman
New Poster

Internet connection off and on

Hello,
We had our Hughes internet installed about three weeks ago. We currently live in a rural area and that's why we selected Hughes, since we can't regular internet. For a week now, our internet has been slow and we have not been able to send or receive text messages. Prior to this there were no problems with it. We could get on the internet througout the day and evening. On Saturday (8/24), I called Hughes Net, and dicussed the issues we were having. They asked me to run the System Control Test, which we did. They told us based on the codes they were receiving, the alignmnet is off and that a technician needs to go out and take a look at it. Since then we have noticed, in the early mornings (12 am - 10 am) we have good connection. There are green checks in the Systems Summary and System Status. Our sateliite receive signal strength is 60 on up. After that, there are red "X", yellow triangle boxes with "!" in them, and the signal strength drops to below 50. We can't connect to the internet and we can't send and recieve text messages. I called Hughes yesterday again to follow up with when a technician would come out. They told me one was assigned and so they gave me a number, which was DishNetwork. I called them and they didn't know anythimng about it. This whole thing has been frustrating and I'm sure not what else to do. No one has called from Hughes or DishNetwork to see if the issue has been resolved. I'm not sure what else to do.
7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The Hughesnet staff on this site can check on this for you, but unfortunately, they won't be back until Tuesday (they're likely off for Memorial Day).    During the weekend, it's just us subscribers here, and I hope someone else may have some strategy for you.   @GabeU , @MarkJFine , or @C0RR0SIVE may have some ideas. 

Thank you. I hope I can get this hold thing resolved soon. I appreciate you responding to my post.

Good morning SundevilGorman,

Just following up on your site visit, I see it was completed a couple days ago and that you're currently online! So glad we were finally able to get your site back up and running. If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to drop by the community again. We're here to help.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@SundevilGorman 

Unfortunately, at this point, there's not really anything that anyone other than a HughesNet tech can do.  It's not uncommon for signal strengths to change throughout the day, and if the dish is right on the "edge" of being pointed to where it should be, that it's doing what it's doing isn't that surprising.  It's possible that the dish has moved since it was installed, though whether that happened, or why it happened, if it did, only the repair tech could say.  

The only advice I can give is to call again and see if you can get the correct phone number to whoever it is they assigned, or find out why it is that the company they gave you the number to, if correct, doesn't know anything about it, though if the number is to Dish Network proper it's the wrong number altogether.  Or, you can wait until the community reps are back on Tuesday (I think they're off on Monday) to find out who it was they assigned and get the proper number to them.  

It's also possible that, in the meantime, a tech from the assigned company will reach out to you.

Liz

Good morning SundevilGorman,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I suppose the number for Dish that was provided was this one, (800) 333-3474? I've escalated your case to our field services department to see how we can get their tech to get in contact with you. From the notes, I see that they were having difficulting getting in contact with you.

There are two phone numbers in the dispatch notes: one ending in 93 and the other ending in 85. These are the best numbers to try to reach you? If you have a better number, please privately message it to me.

If I'm able to get a different contact number for you so you can contact the Dish tech directly, I'll let you know.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation with us as we work to address your concerns. I see someone from Dish reached out to you Friday, and I've also reconfirmed some details with him so he can get a tech out to realign your dish. If I have any updates to share, I'll let you know.

I received an update from my Dish contacts that they were able to reach out to you and set up an appointment for today. I hope it goes well!