Internet connectivity

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hnakacey
New Poster

Internet connectivity

I have been having issues since I first signed up with HughesNet in January.  In the first month I had to have a tech guy come and repoint my dish.  Then internet then worked for about a week.  Since then we really haven't had service.  They said next time they come out it would be a $110 charge.  I can not afford to pay that everytime the wind blows. 

I have tried calling and chatting with representatives and keep getting cut off.  I am so extremely frustrated I can't even tell you.  I have powered down the modem, reset them modem, and nothing has worked. 

They wifi connecting is strong but I am not getting connnection between the dish and the modem. 

Is there anything I can do to help this fixed.  I am tired of paying monthly and getting no service. 

15 REPLIES 15
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

When you go to the system control page, what are the three digits next to State Code?

I finally got someone from advanced tech and they are sending out a tech... need to reposition dish... again.
maratsade

Why does it keep going out of position? 

Wish I knew!
GabeU

Odd that it keeps going out of position like that.  

maratsade

I wondered if it was maybe attached to a roof.

I thought maybe this is nornal???
GabeU

@hnakacey wrote:
I thought maybe this is nornal???

No, it's definitely not normal.  Other than for a service plan upgrade or some other specific reason that required pointing to an alternate satellite, I think the only other time I've seen someone on here needing to have to have their dish re-pointed a 2nd time was a few years after the first. 

I wonder.if it needs to be put up somewhere more stable.
maratsade

Is it on a pole, or on the roof?

hnakacey wrote:
I wonder.if it needs to be put up somewhere more stable.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Is your dish roof mounted?  If so, how old is the home?  Newer homes typically have a period of time where they will settle into the ground over a few years, and some never stop.  This can throw the dish out of alignment rather quickly.

Another thing, if it's roof mounted, what's the condition of the substrate?  A weak roof, or improper roof install, can' result in alignment issues...

If it's a ground pole install, it sounds like the pole may not be deep enough, or they may not have installed it in a way to keep it from rotating in the concrete...  I know these days installers have to take several pictures of the install and submit them, maybe one of the moderators can look into that and see if they can determine any issues that may cause a frequent misalignment issue.

It is mounted to a small structure that was built for electrical boxes. The tech came out today and said there is no way it is going to work there, it is not stable. He shook the structure and it was very wobbly. This is why I have not had internet and have had to pay for nothing.
GabeU

@hnakacey 

I wonder if maybe they'll do something for you to make up for all of the trouble.  

@Liz @Damian 

I really wish I could just cancel the service altogether.
maratsade

You can, with an early termination penalty. I would imagine they wouldn't cancel it for free when the issue you have can be solved/improved by mounting the dish properly.  

hnakacey wrote:
I really wish I could just cancel the service altogether.