Internet constantly goes out please help. Just installed on July 10th

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charlessk
Spectator

Internet constantly goes out please help. Just installed on July 10th

My internet service was installed on july 10th and we have yet to have a day where everything buffers every 10 minutes or so. I tried calling g support but she said I had to pay 125.00$ for a tech to fix what has just been installed by your company. I have two kids who are going to be starting college and I need them to be able to get online. Nobody can play any games (xbox,pc,) when I check download speeds the best I've had 4mbps. Can anyone please help me. Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@charlessk 

To determine whether speed is the issue, please run a few tests as outlined in these instructions, then post your testmy.net "My Results" page URL so that the results can be viewed.  Please be sure to read the instructions thoroughly before running the tests.  

With this said, however, the combination of the high latency inherent to satellite internet and the present congestion, which is being caused by high system load as a result of so many people being home, can cause streaming to be problematic.  One thing you can try is turning off, or snoozing, the Video Data Saver, but this may not help.  

As for gaming, real time online games do not work well with HughesNet, if they work at all, due to the aforementioned high latency.  There is no fix for this.  Turn based games, however, should be fine.

Thank you I will try this and post back results.

charlessk,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy