Hughesnet Community

Internet down 2 days after install on august 2nd.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aj64
Freshman

Internet down 2 days after install on august 2nd.

Getting the all popular 12.27.1 code at least I think that's the code it's the one that is not letting the TCP communicate to the gateway somehow. We only had the service for 2 days on August 2nd by August 4th it was down and it seems like I'm seeing a lot of that happening right now would you please look into this and maybe tell us what to do because they told me a tech couldn't come here till August 9th I have three children here in the house of a very young age and they need something to do before they drive us crazy please help me fix this I'll go buy a new router if need to just let me know what to do thank you. And in all reality this service cost quite a bit of money per month if this is the kind of service that people are getting I'm thinking that maybe we need just to drop it

12 REPLIES 12
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The code may indicate a problem at your gateway. The HughesNet reps on this site may need to run remote diagnostics on your modem; however, they won't be back until tomorrow. They're here approximately during business hours, but you can also call the customer service number, 866-347-3292 , available 24/7. 

If you drop the service without troubleshooting with the reps and techs, the fee for dropping the contract will apply -- it is $400 for residential service, and it applies the moment your equipment is installed. There is no grace period. If you work with the reps through troubleshooting and they can't fix the issue, then they are willing to work with you IRT the fee.

Yes ty so much for replying back. I definitely going to work with with the techs n actually i called them day before yesterday n they did test n said was something with equipment,..but August 9th was a long time at that point and im electrician by trade n back in the day installed cable and dish for people on the side, so i was hoping to work with techs their because they did diagnose it n probably thinking same thing i am that something has happened to modem side of combo....and  if that is the case was just going to go out n buy a dual band router that is capable of working with the hughes net satellite. Because my kids r 6,5 and 3 n im 57 so i got my hands full and they need every outlet possible i can afford them to grow learn n most of all get rid of some of their energy that i wish i had n could bottle up for sale to other ol geezers

maratsade

I hope you kept the tech visit for the 9th -- but if not, I'm sure the reps here will try to find another date for you. 

Aging should be in reverse....we should get more energy the older we get. 🙂

I hope this whole thing gets solved for you quickly; I know how frustrating all of this is, especially during the weekend. 

Oh yea it aint my first time round the block i for sure kept the appointment for the technician because i realize how it is with schedules but like u said just frustrating lol. I looked at all the numbers n im getting network just not internet. What router if i get one works with hughesnet?

maratsade

I haven't had a router with HughesNet for a while, but when I did, I had NetGear. 

Ty yea i was thinking netgear as well beats renting it too even if it isnt the problem, ty for all your help by the way n understanding

GabeU

@Aj64 wrote:

Ty yea i was thinking netgear as well beats renting it too  

For the sake of clarity, while you can use a 3rd party router, whether Netgear or any other brand, it has to be used alongside the HughesNet modem, not in place of it. The HughesNet modem must still be used, as it's the only way to connect to HughesNet's service.

Depending on the particular model, 3rd party routers can offer better range and/or more options than the HughesNet modem's built in WiFi.

Ty Gabe yea thats what i ve just been seeing as shopping for gateway routers n i read hughesnet as well as others make u use their modem. Currently they supplied the ht2000  but for some reason the tcp not communicating with gateway, i have network but no internet n the modem light on front is out i get the 12.7.1 code.

Oh too in all this i need to add that my sat signal strength is between 80-100. But no internet

maratsade

Hopefully the tech will be there bright and early on the day of the appointment and you (and the kids!) will be online quickly. 🙂  Please post an update if you can. 

GabeU

There's definitely some type of communication issue with the gateway. There are a few possibilities, including a bad modem, but the tech should be able to figure it out and get you back online.  

maratsade

You still have to use the HN modem, though.  (See Gabe's post below). 

@Aj64 wrote:

Ty yea i was thinking netgear as well beats renting it too even if it isnt the problem, ty for all your help by the way n understanding