cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down Gen 5 beam 55 Norcal

Sophomore

Internet down Gen 5 beam 55 Norcal

I saw the notice that there is a service interruption, but I would like an ETA as to when the internet will be restored. Tried calling the 800 number several times but couldnt get through, I assume the techs are overwhelmed with calls.
22 REPLIES 22
Associate Professor

Re: Internet down Gen 5 beam 55 Norcal

There is no current ETA, it could come up any second, or be later on tonight.  Outages that affect the entire system (one of the satellites as a whole) are problematic, not typical, and difficult to fix.  Hence the reason there is no ETA in the announcement.

Spectator

Yes they are typical

Im in Alabama and mine is down YET AGAIN

I have been down more than up over the past few months, I call and they say Im under contract yet they dont fufill they end of the contract

I connected another provider so I have internet

Sophomore

I agree, this is typical ever since the Gen 5 upgrade. When they tell you they are "working on fixing the problem", its just an excuse so they can stall and take more time, meanwhile we are all still paying for a service that barely works, and in this case, doesnt work at all. Very poor customer service.

Satellite internet is a more COMPLEX system.  Fixing problems and issues will sometimes take time.  

Esp with this current outage. Which is with the satellite  (22,000 miles in space).  It’s not like they can send a technician out to fix it.   Fixes must be done remotely from earth!   

And very disappointed and I will be looking into another us and it provider one who will be reachable within a six hour window Especially on the number they claim is a 24 hour a day seven days a week customer support tech-support number

Freshman

Hughesnet just annouced service should be restored in a few hours!

Highlighted
Freshman

Agreed. Done with Hughes Net after this. Terrible service and customer support.

You have to realize this outage is with the entire satellite. That’s a lot of people out, which I’m pretty sure a lot are trying to call the number to report, find out what’s going on, or for a fix.  So it will be hard to get through. 

With that said, they know there’s an outage engineers are working on getting it resolved. No need to call, the phone reps can not do anything.

Sophomore

That may be true, the system is complex and it takes time to fix, but in the meantime, why isnt Hughesnet doing more for their customers?? It seems the only way to stay informed or troubleshoot is to come here, as the phone tech support is worthless, and if you email they never reply back. And of course the only thing we get is " we are working on it".

Hughesnet have been experts at giving customers the "mushroom treatment"....feeding us crap and leaving us in the dark