Internet down for past week.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikejr
New Poster

Internet down for past week.

My internet has been down for a week. My WIFI works but other connection lights are off on the modem. I have tried power cycling and resetting the modem.
5 REPLIES 5
MarkJFine
Professor

If you can get to it, check the cable's F connector at the satellite dish, as well as in back of the modem. It should be finger tight.

You might also want to visually inspect the cable for any splits, nicks, or any kind of inner cable exposure wherever it's possible.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I checked the cable from the dish and into the basement. Everything looks to be in good shape - new installation this summer.

This is about as much as you can do. Only other thing is to replace the radio and/or modem if it's a hardware fault, but you will need a tech visit for that.

This will notify any of the admins when they come in on Monday morning:

@Amanda

@Liz

@Brooke

@Jay

@Hardy

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Liz

Good morning Mike,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I pulled up your account to investigate and even I can't reach your modem to run diagnostics. We have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Monday, Nov 26, 2018 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #116802530 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning Mike,

Glad to see the site visit was completed last week. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to drop by the community again, we're here to help! Have a great weekend!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!