cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet download speed of less then 2 Mbs. Customer service phone line is always busy

Highlighted
New Poster

Internet download speed of less then 2 Mbs. Customer service phone line is always busy

Please call me as soon as possible.  In the last week the internest speed has dropped off significantly to less then 2 Mbps.  This is less then 10% of the 25Mbps that my account is set uyp for.  The tests have been run with all WIFI turned off and the computer hard wired to the internet.  I have tried calling repeated times to the customer support line but it is always busy.  I realize that your volume of traffic has increased significantly but if you are still charging the same amount every month, i will expect the same, or at least, usable speeds.

Mark Henshaw

[removed to protect privacy]

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

Re: Internet download speed of less then 2 Mbs. Customer service phone line is always busy

This is a public site, so it'd be a good idea to delete your personal data (phone number). 

The HN reps here will not call you; you will work with them here on the site.  

Customer Service is busy everywhere due to the coronavirus crisis, so you may need to keep trying the number, or try chat if you can.  Everything is congested and slowed down, so you will find delays and slow speeds are the norm. 

It's likely a rep here will run remote diagnostics on your equipment, so hang in there until they respond, which may not be immediate either.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Highlighted

Re: Internet download speed of less then 2 Mbs. Customer service phone line is always busy

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting. I ran diagnostics on your site and see that the HughesNet equipment is working normally. Do you have that testmy.net results URL so we can see how your current speeds are going?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you Liz,

1)  Please let me know if test download speed of 2Mbps is now common.  There is no reason for either of us to jump through hoops if this is a common speed due to the significant increase in demand.

2)  If I should be getting much faster internet speeds, please wlak me through how I get you the information you asked for. (testmy.net).  The speed results that i am referencing are from the Hughesnet speed test located on your site under the "support" tab.

Thank you,

Mark

Tags (1)
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkH 

If you still have plan data, a download speed of 2Mbps is low.  The instructions for the speed tests are here.  Please be sure to read all of the instructions before running the tests and run them as instructed, then post your testmy.net My Results page URL after you've run a few.  You may notice that there is an upload test file size discrepancy between the main page and the in depth guide.  You can use the 3MB file size for upload tests.  

Also, as requested by maratsade, please edit your phone number out of your post.  This is a publicly viewable website.  To do so, click the three dots on the upper right of the message body and then click "Edit Message".

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Good morning MarkH,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.